E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Coilover Roll Call - KW - FK - JRZ - ISC - Lets hear your Review!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 08:47 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 525ix (N52 Engine)

Originally Posted by Island Road
ISC Does not currently have a set for the E61, I am working with the owner now to have a set made so it will work with this platform. We will be using Swift springs, the rates are yet to be determined as we are going to be trying out a few to see what works best for performance / everyday driving.

We are sightly behind schedule due to shipping delays but should have an update soon enough.

As to working with 525xi I would give them a call but the set we are working on might help all e60/61 xi models. I will keep this thread updated.
Thanks a bunch! I feel like a set that would fit all Xi models would be pretty sweet. I hope they aint gonna be much either. The KV3s make air suspension seem like a good idea. lol.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:24 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: e61 / KW V3 / JB4 / M5 Rear Sway / FDL Coded / SAT Retrofit w GKE flash / ER FMIC / BMS DCI
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N54
Default FK available?

Originally Posted by biz77
FK confirmed. E60 XDrive models now have a reasonably priced coilover available.
Can you really get the FK? I asked Dave at ESE tuning for a quote, and it sounded like FK was having some trouble, reworking their lineup, and might not return with a product for the e61.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:38 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTYellowJacket
Can you really get the FK? I asked Dave at ESE tuning for a quote, and it sounded like FK was having some trouble, reworking their lineup, and might not return with a product for the e61.

You know what I know. Dave told me to keep checking in. It looks like our best bet for affordable coilovers will be ISC once Island Road completes the test fitting phase.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:02 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: e61 / KW V3 / JB4 / M5 Rear Sway / FDL Coded / SAT Retrofit w GKE flash / ER FMIC / BMS DCI
Engine: N54

You know what I know. Dave told me to keep checking in. It looks like our best bet for affordable coilovers will be ISC once Island Road completes the test fitting phase.
Ok, I just gave up and got the KW V3's
Old 04-13-2015, 10:09 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by GTYellowJacket
Ok, I just gave up and got the KW V3's
The only problem I have with the KWs is the price. Honestly those are the most expensive coilovers Iv seen. I might as well just get bags. Lol.

I dont see why make 1 version of coilovers for the Xi models so expensive as if we were turning our Xi's into full blown AWD rally or track/race cars. At least have 3 versions. lol

Something like the KW3s that are rated for the race track/race car for like 3000 bucks. Have a version something like Super Sport for the occasional track day person for 2,000 and a version for the everyday joe (Street Sport) for 1,600.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:50 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon

Prior to contact ISC I was talking to them also. FK has some employee issues that stopped production for a bit. They will eventually be back in stock though.

Originally Posted by Kasmo
The only problem I have with the KWs is the price. Honestly those are the most expensive coilovers Iv seen. I might as well just get bags. Lol.

I dont see why make 1 version of coilovers for the Xi models so expensive as if we were turning our Xi's into full blown AWD rally or track/race cars. At least have 3 versions. lol

Something like the KW3s that are rated for the race track/race car for like 3000 bucks. Have a version something like Super Sport for the occasional track day person for 2,000 and a version for the everyday joe (Street Sport) for 1,600.

Was contacted by Andrew the owner of ISC and the car is going in this week for fitment. The difference with the ISC and V3 besides the dual adjustability is the springs ISC will be using swift springs with linear rates as opposed to V3 and progressive. Also we will be removing the rear airbag that is used for auto-leveling, a feature we don't want and also frees up weight.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:48 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Island Road
Prior to contact ISC I was talking to them also. FK has some employee issues that stopped production for a bit. They will eventually be back in stock though.

Was contacted by Andrew the owner of ISC and the car is going in this week for fitment. The difference with the ISC and V3 besides the dual adjustability is the springs ISC will be using swift springs with linear rates as opposed to V3 and progressive. Also we will be removing the rear airbag that is used for auto-leveling, a feature we don't want and also frees up weight.
Alright sweet! Fingers crossed. I got a E60, so as long those could be fitted to a E60 as well that be great. Or at least fitted to a E60 with not a lot of modification.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:57 PM
New Members

Any more information? Anyone find something else? Im really trying hard to find a cheaper lowering solution for us Xi owners. lol. I still cant believe that on springs its a really shitty ride even with new shocks. Kinda weird.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:20 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Kasmo
Any more information? Anyone find something else? Im really trying hard to find a cheaper lowering solution for us Xi owners. lol. I still cant believe that on springs its a really shitty ride even with new shocks. Kinda weird.
Not sure if read the thread and saw about ISC?

Car is going in the shop on Monday, they said they will have the car for a few days. Will update more during the process.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:09 AM
New Members

Quick update: The car went into ISC at the start of the week. The fronts are going to be pretty much plug and play with the other 5 series with the exception of a mounting tab they will need to affix. As for the rears, they will be deleting the air-bags in place of springs / shock coil-over.

Coding will need to be done in order to take care of any warming lights that come on, more than likely just code them out. Parts are being made / on order. It will be 2-3 weeks until the parts are finalized and then back to ISC for fitting.

Quick Reply: Coilover Roll Call - KW - FK - JRZ - ISC - Lets hear your Review!