E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

What do you guy think of these LCI tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 04:15 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi w m5 tech kit, 2007 Mercedes e63 AMG, 2005 ford expedition

Originally Posted by Catbodi
Just ordered these! They're having a pretty nice BlackFriday sale which is 15% off everything. So you're buying the taillights for $199 instead of $230. Pretty good! So excited to get them.
Hey how can we get the discounted price? I've been watching this on eBay and do not see it at a discount. Is the discount thru eBay or thru the seller? Thanks. Nevermind I email the seller and he said to look on there websight

Last edited by Bigjule111; 11-24-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Here is the Ricky Brake mod that I did on my car.
Attached Thumbnails What do you guy think of these LCI tail lights?-e60-tail-mod.jpg  
Old 11-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bigjule111
Hey how can we get the discounted price? I've been watching this on eBay and do not see it at a discount. Is the discount thru eBay or thru the seller? Thanks
Go and buy it from their web site that I have included on page 1 of this thread. $199 plus shipping. Discount are only occasionally given, you might get lucky this Black Friday.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

Comparison between Depo E60 LCI Replica Tail Lights and OEM LCI Tail Lights.

The one on the left is Depo's with Ricky Brake mod specs, with Angel Rods connected with fog light wires (which probably is only at about 6V), and only fully lid up when braking at 12V.

The one on the right is OEM's with Ricky Brake mod by Simon, the Angel Rods is always fully lid at 12V as per OEM's spec.

I will definitely re-mod my car to get the full 12V Angel Rod at all time. Anyone know the best place to tab the light 12V? License plate lights? have to break out my handy meter now.
Attached Thumbnails What do you guy think of these LCI tail lights?-e60-tail-comparition.jpg  

Last edited by quanger; 11-24-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

Here is the youtube video that I have uploaded, thanks to Boost7 for your contribution.

Last edited by quanger; 11-24-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by quanger
Comparison between Depo E60 LCI Replica Tail Lights and OEM LCI Tail Lights.

The one on the left is Depo's with Ricky Brake mod specs, with Angel Rods connected with fog light wires (which probably is only at about 6V), and only fully lid up when braking at 12V.

The one on the right is OEM's with Ricky Brake mod by Simon, the Angel Rods is always fully lid at 12V as per OEM's spec.

I will definitely re-mod my car to get the full 12V Angel Rod at all time. Anyone know the best place to tab the light 12V? License plate lights? have to break out my handy meter now.
Ahhhh when I watched the video I was wondering why the one on the left had much dimmer light rods. I thought that maybe you tinted your tailghts. So you have depo tai lights and they tap into the fog light wiring to power the light rods?
Old 11-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Ahhhh when I watched the video I was wondering why the one on the left had much dimmer light rods. I thought that maybe you tinted your tailghts. So you have depo tai lights and they tap into the fog light wiring to power the light rods?
Yeah I know, they are very dim. I will have to find a different source to keep them rods at constant 12V. I know what needed to be done, just have to find a new source for the lights. I think they look better like OEM but with the Ricky Brake effect.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:17 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW

But if it's constant 12 then it won't act as brake light right ? It just gonna be bright all the time regardless u braking or not
Old 11-25-2014, 09:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by SoullesS
But if it's constant 12 then it won't act as brake light right ? It just gonna be bright all the time regardless u braking or not
In theory it is not. But since the brake light has been move to the fog round lights, whenever you are braking, the light from the fog now that acting as a brake light will also emit its light to the end of the rods that are connected to the fog lights, which would make the rods fully light up on both ends. I will also wire the rods led to light up during day time so that they can light up during day time braking. The reason I want to go in this direction is because I saw the braking action on Boost7's OEM retrofitted LCI tail lights. I saw the rods do lid up brighter and more fuller when braking. I have read one of Simon's post while I were doing my researching, then I didn't understand what he meant by that. Now I have fully understand what he meant by "bleeding light". Trust me, the way that Simon mod the Ricky Brake, will make the tail light look ways better.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

I quite like the way the rods dim and get brighter with the brake pedal, this is how the original mod was supposed to be:

Name:  f6z83Dm.gif
Views: 214
Size:  517.7 KB

I guess you could source 12v from the battery, but you'd need additional circuitry to switch it on and off. A really crude way would be to use a relay.

Quick Reply: What do you guy think of these LCI tail lights?