E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

What do you guy think of these LCI tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 06:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
I quite like the way the rods dim and get brighter with the brake pedal, this is how the original mod was supposed to be:

I guess you could source 12v from the battery, but you'd need additional circuitry to switch it on and off. A really crude way would be to use a relay.
My thought were exactly the same when I first modded the lights. But after doing the comparison with Simons method on Boost7s car. I think his method give the tail lights more oem looks, but at the same time, they still have the Ricky brake effect.

I don't want to add another switch, nor run the rods to the battery. I need to find the 12v light source. Like the license plate lights, that is on when the lights are lid at night. I will still have to wire the rods with couple diodes to the brake wire, so it will also lid while braking during day time or when the exterior lights are off.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:10 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

i really need to buy a set of these lci rep tailights. if only spending more money on my car wasn't a guilty pleasure. ive made the false statement that i'm "done" spending on my e60.. yeah i bet i am....

-On a real note, any more pics of these in the daylight?
Old 11-26-2014, 12:36 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW

Originally Posted by quanger
In theory it is not. But since the brake light has been move to the fog round lights, whenever you are braking, the light from the fog now that acting as a brake light will also emit its light to the end of the rods that are connected to the fog lights, which would make the rods fully light up on both ends. I will also wire the rods led to light up during day time so that they can light up during day time braking. The reason I want to go in this direction is because I saw the braking action on Boost7's OEM retrofitted LCI tail lights. I saw the rods do lid up brighter and more fuller when braking. I have read one of Simon's post while I were doing my researching, then I didn't understand what he meant by that. Now I have fully understand what he meant by "bleeding light". Trust me, the way that Simon mod the Ricky Brake, will make the tail light look ways better.
But the rods dont have clear access to fogs so if fogs light up it won't affect rods . Unless u drill holes in it
Old 11-26-2014, 07:30 PM
New Members

My Ride: 07 550i

I got my set in today, but think I am going to run a bead of RTV glue around entire edge to ensure no condensation/moisture builds up inside the housings.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by FaintReality
I got my set in today, but think I am going to run a bead of RTV glue around entire edge to ensure no condensation/moisture builds up inside the housings.
You mean between the frame and the light? Then make sure it is fully in working order. Plus I hope you don't have to remove them for any reason. GL
Old 11-27-2014, 02:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

Originally Posted by FaintReality
I wouldn't do that, stock lights only have a piece of foam for the seal, reuse that if you want. The lights aren't sealed so it's impossible for condensation will build up, unlike the headlights

Will get some pics today!!
Old 11-27-2014, 03:25 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by Catbodi
Just ordered these! They're having a pretty nice BlackFriday sale which is 15% off everything. So you're buying the taillights for $199 instead of $230. Pretty good! So excited to get them.
What site did you order from
Old 11-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Senior Members

OEM LCI TAILS:

https://i.imgur.com/6Yvt2jB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YuZRvka.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OFgKnX6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zqcpu3T.jpg

I should have switched the lights on, doh!
Old 11-27-2014, 03:08 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW

Is that a piece of meat on the side of the taillight?
Old 11-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

Can't blame the beast for getting hungry!

I have no idea what it was, meat or a cherry? Flicked it off while filling up today.

Quick Reply: What do you guy think of these LCI tail lights?