E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Umnitza HID Fog Light Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I have a 2006 525i so I ordered the Angel Eyes and the HID Kit for the Fogs from Umnitza in January. I installed the Angel Eyes with out a problem everything worked great now onto the fog install. Put them in, flickered and off they went with error message in IDrive. Searched the message board and said to reverse the polarity at the ballast so I did this and same result. Contacted Umnitza they said to send Ballast back as its defective. So on 1 Feb I sent these back and I finally received the new Ballasts on 30 April after I posed as a new customer to see if the ballasts were indeed in stock which they were and I received further excuses as to why mine were not mailed out. So today I install them and same issue all over again except they wont work at all. I am out of ideas and patience to deal with Umnitza. After waiting so long for the new Ballasts and several not so polite phone calls to Umnitza I am done with them. So my advice is Buyer Beware as there customer service sucks and they have no refund policy as was stated by Tim on one of our phone calls. I don't want to get in a pissing match with anyone just sharing my personal story with the board.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Members

I agree... Umnitza sucks. Terrible customer service and nearly impossible to communicate with.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

I was just about to place a HUGE order with them. Thanks for heads up, shopping cart emptied!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by jfondell
Hi guys, I have a 2006 525i so I ordered the Angel Eyes and the HID Kit for the Fogs from Umnitza in January. I installed the Angel Eyes with out a problem everything worked great now onto the fog install. Put them in, flickered and off they went with error message in IDrive. Searched the message board and said to reverse the polarity at the ballast so I did this and same result. Contacted Umnitza they said to send Ballast back as its defective. So on 1 Feb I sent these back and I finally received the new Ballasts on 30 April after I posed as a new customer to see if the ballasts were indeed in stock which they were and I received further excuses as to why mine were not mailed out. So today I install them and same issue all over again except they wont work at all. I am out of ideas and patience to deal with Umnitza. After waiting so long for the new Ballasts and several not so polite phone calls to Umnitza I am done with them. So my advice is Buyer Beware as there customer service sucks and they have no refund policy as was stated by Tim on one of our phone calls. I don't want to get in a pissing match with anyone just sharing my personal story with the board.
James,

I'm sorry for your trouble. We do have a refund policy, it's listed clearly on the site in the terms and conditions.

As far as the fogs not working on your car, would like to see a photo of them - we have already sent you a return label.

I know this won't make you feel that much better, but the ballasts we've been using for the HID fogs installs have all worked if they are 35W but they don't work if they are 55W. If you accidentally got the 55W, then I can see how frustrating this would be (they look exactly the same and the type face is barely different, so I apologize for this).

Hopefully you received our emails earlier today.

hope we can turn that frown upside down.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Members

Like I said as far as what Tom said he does not refund money. He also said the 35w was out of stock but he would upgrade me to the 55w ones for free and they would definitely work. Sounds like a communication breakdown between sales and tech support? I am sending pictures of the 55w ballasts today and they will be in the mail later today. once again are the 35w's in stock?

Thanks

James