E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Two errors after coding LM1 to LM2 module

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 04:52 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 645ci S '04

Still I find it strange, I believe it should be possible to tell the lm2 that it should not look for the ahl signal without removing and connecting the seperate ahl unit to lm2?
Old 09-15-2016, 08:20 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i

I'm also experiencing this same issue. I upgraded from the LM1 to the LM2 and when I got it coded by a friend, I got the same error codes as the OP along with the blinking green light. And like madein, I've had the blinking green light problem even before I upgraded the light control module.

My car's build date is 22/2/2005, so according to the PDF article madein posted, I should have a separate control module for my AHL's, right (granted I have an E60, not an E61, but should be same concept right?)? I looked behind my glove box (unless I looked in the wrong spot) and I don't think I have one?

See my post and pics I posted from behind my glove box: AHL issue

Last edited by kevesp; 09-15-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:11 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: E60 530xd
Model Year: 2008

Did you fix this?
Old 01-15-2021, 12:05 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 6 series

Ihave those same two errors, even tried buying an LM2-LWR module instead of the LM2-AHL to see if that would fix the issue, but it did not.

in NCS expert/dummy..
When reading through the .TRC from the LM2 there is an option for "pin-configuration" and there are three non-de-script options (mine is set to option 1 by default). has anyone tried changing this? possibly it sets the pins similar to older LM, or will get rid of errors? ...have not tried to changing/coding the option to something else yet.

Anyone else seeing a different value for the pin-cofiguration option??
...or if there is anyone out there without this issue, is that value something other than option 1
Old 01-18-2021, 09:51 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i
Model Year: 04
Engine: M54 3.0L
Default Lm2

Originally Posted by m645
Ihave those same two errors, even tried buying an LM2-LWR module instead of the LM2-AHL to see if that would fix the issue, but it did not.

in NCS expert/dummy..
When reading through the .TRC from the LM2 there is an option for "pin-configuration" and there are three non-de-script options (mine is set to option 1 by default). has anyone tried changing this? possibly it sets the pins similar to older LM, or will get rid of errors? ...have not tried to changing/coding the option to something else yet.

Anyone else seeing a different value for the pin-cofiguration option??
...or if there is anyone out there without this issue, is that value something other than option 1
Have you tried this yet? Im about to replace mine. Just got my lm2 today. I haven't used expert or tool32. I have bimmercode that i coded with. What is the concept, just adding my vin to the module and add the lm2 into cas?
Old 01-19-2021, 06:20 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Flguy76
Have you tried this yet? Im about to replace mine. Just got my lm2 today. I haven't used expert or tool32. I have bimmercode that i coded with. What is the concept, just adding my vin to the module and add the lm2 into cas?

I used winKFP and flashed the module with vin, then use NCS expert to FA write and code to basic.

once it's all coded to the car, the module would still give two errors.
ERROR E51D (No message steering angle)
ERROR E51A (No message yaw rate)

When reading through the programmable options in NCSdummy, there is an option for "pin-configuration"
...not sure what this option needs to be set at, (on mine it is set on 'option 1')
possibly option 2, or 3 will get rid of errors?? or let me know what yours is set at and if you get the same errors?
Old 01-22-2021, 10:25 AM
New Members

I tried the "pin-configuration" options, both 2 & 3. Neither worked, I set it back to the default 1.

FIXED!!!
it seems overly simple but there is an option for "AHL-enable" (something along those lines, 'enable-AHL' or 'AHL-enabled') in the .TRC when reading in NCSdummy.
anyway, set this to not-enable, or not active and it will fix the errors.

I think since there is already an external AHL unit, this option disables the AHL inside the LM only.

No more E51D and E51A errors!!! and the AHL still functions as normal, with solid green light. yay!

Last edited by m645; 01-22-2021 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:14 PM
New Members

I tried the "pin-configuration" options, both 2 & 3. Neither worked, I set it back to the default 1.

FIXED!!!
it seems overly simple but there is an option for "AHL-enable" (something along those lines, 'enable-AHL' or 'AHL-enabled') in the .TRC when reading in NCSdummy.
anyway, set this to not-enable, or not active and it will fix the errors.

I think since there is already an external AHL unit, this option disables the AHL inside the LM only.

No more E51D and E51A errors!!! and the AHL still functions as normal, with solid green light. yay!
Really, ok so can you possibly help me with this, i just now got around to changing this, and this is my first time using any of the coding tools, I changed the vin, but I dont know how to copy the VO from the cas to the new LM2 and change the production date. see attached

Old 02-03-2021, 09:37 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Flguy76
Really, ok so can you possibly help me with this, i just now got around to changing this, and this is my first time using any of the coding tools, I changed the vin, but I dont know how to copy the VO from the cas to the new LM2 and change the production date. see attached
Yea, that option works. no more lm2 errors.

pretty much you want to FA-WRITE on the LMA in ncs.
should look something like this.
in NCS expert,

1. Load NCSExpert.
2. Load Profile
3. F1 (VIN/ZCS/FA)
4. F3 (ZCS/FA f .ECU)
5. Choose E60
6. Select CAS
7. F6 (BACK)
8. F4 (Process ECU)
9. Select LMA
10. Change job - "FA WRITE"
11. then hit program.

once that is complete,
do the same thing but change job to "SG coderien" then program.
which will program LMA to basic.
The following users liked this post:
Flguy76 (02-03-2021)
Old 02-03-2021, 10:04 PM
New Members

Yea, that option works. no more lm2 errors.

pretty much you want to FA-WRITE on the LMA in ncs.
should look something like this.
in NCS expert,

1. Load NCSExpert.
2. Load Profile
3. F1 (VIN/ZCS/FA)
4. F3 (ZCS/FA f .ECU)
5. Choose E60
6. Select CAS
7. F6 (BACK)
8. F4 (Process ECU)
9. Select LMA
10. Change job - "FA WRITE"
11. then hit program.

once that is complete,
do the same thing but change job to "SG coderien" then program.
which will program LMA to basic.
ty, im going to try this ill let you know, oh do i need to change the date to the date my car was manufactured? I see post where people add FA options to a module and they chg the date in the FA list. Example: #0907 to #0304. Thats the date correct?

Quick Reply: Two errors after coding LM1 to LM2 module