E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Squared angel eyes headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 06:11 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 523i
Model Year: 2006

Hi Guys, I am new to this and wanted to know if this will fit my pre lci 06 estate, it has the standard halogen headlights. If it does fit will just be a plug n play or will I have to take them to a mechanic?
Old 04-05-2015, 12:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

if i have factory xenon pre lci headlights will this fit ?
Old 04-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by JoeyTaffy93
Hi Essa, thank you for the link. Love your car, have you got any other shots of it with the F10 wheels? Contemplating them for my 5 series too!

I've contacted the seller and unfortunately they can ship however they're not available for RHD market so unfortunately come MoT time in the UK they wouldn't pass. This country has some rubbish rules! I'm currently trying to see if anyone would be able to convert a set for me.
When we get our supply, we will be able to provide them in MOT specific applications with the bixenon FXR features.

Originally Posted by justalilbit
These will never fit xenons as depo and I'm sure umnitza are aware, the xenon ballast and control module are located on the bottom of the E60 headlight, preventing any modification to replicate the F10/F30 style headlights which have LED modules w/ built in heat-sinks on the bottom and xenon ballast/control located elsewhere on the headlight. Basically you can't have an LED module below the rings shooting light directly into the ring, on a E60 xenon headlight. If you were able to relocate the xenon units, you could possibly rig something up. Thing is, it would be quite the hack job, and that is not a marketable concept. You'd have to make your own custom headlights with relocated ballast, etc.

I'm working on a project for updated E60 Xenon lights. If it works out, I'll post all the goods for DIYers when I'm done. I won't settle for shoddy quality so it'll either look excellent or I'll call it a failure. I know I'm a nobody but it might actually work out very well.

edit: Made a diagram to help illustrate my post
There is always a way to make something work where it's not intended as long as the lights themselves are a good physical fit.

We'll likely get them in about 4 weeks, roughly.

For those interested, we'll offer the same modifications to them as we do on any of the DEPO-based products we offer:
Demon eyes
Bixenon-Retrofit
Orion V2 or V4
LED Turn signals
As well as painting options.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:07 PM
New Members

My Ride: bmw

I would love to be wrong about the whole xenon fitment issue... my car is factory xenon, and I would jump on a pair of headlights in a heartbeat; looks like I'm not alone either. I guess I'll just keep checking in every now and then to see if anything new develops. It's pretty cool how much mod attention/support the E60 still receives.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:59 AM
New Members

I'm ready to take the plunge and have a go at fitting these to my pre-lci xenon e60 with adaptive. Both of my front headlights leak and its killed the level control, occasionally the ballast and just generally looks foul with the moisture and 'growth' inside. I would be 95% sure it is just a case of doing a bit of coding, worst case scenario a little bit of wiring possibly with the odd relay.

But first I need to be sure that I can convert them over to RHD light patterns.
Umnitza you might be able to shed some light (no pun intended) on this?
Old 04-10-2015, 07:24 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi
Default lights

Has anyone confirmed it is even possible to code out the adaptive headlam feature? If so, I'll definitely look into purchasing theses..
Old 04-10-2015, 03:28 PM
New Members

My Ride: bmw

Originally Posted by Wes M
I would be 95% sure it is just a case of doing a bit of coding, worst case scenario a little bit of wiring possibly with the odd relay.
Does Umnitza know anything about this, either? If it wasn't too costly (hours of coding) I would buy the headlights as well. Running adaptive xenons pre lci.

I highly doubt it wouldn't require rewiring though.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:13 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by juji126
Has anyone confirmed it is even possible to code out the adaptive headlam feature? If so, I'll definitely look into purchasing theses..
Should just be a case of dropping the $524 from the VO.. see link below (for an e90 admittedly but should be the same for our cars).

Code out Adaptive Headlights?
Old 04-11-2015, 12:18 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by justalilbit
Does Umnitza know anything about this, either? If it wasn't too costly (hours of coding) I would buy the headlights as well. Running adaptive xenons pre lci.

I highly doubt it wouldn't require rewiring though.
If you ask me.. the wiring would be the easy part - WDS and a multi-meter, soldering iron and some of that glue lined heat shrink. Remembering how to change the VO and recoding the modules would probably be the greater challenge.

Like I said, I'm happy to be the guinea pig once someone can confirm that the light patterns can be switched to RHD
Old 04-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Curious to see how these will look on my E60s.

Quick Reply: Squared angel eyes headlights