E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Squared angel eyes headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 09:51 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by ETNav382
Good pic! So they look like they have nice daytime visibility. Not as bright as Orions but a good substitute. Now to figure out if I can swap these in for my pre-lci adaptive xenons...
If you can figure that out that would be great because I'm in the same boat and I think these look awesome!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:46 PM
New Members

My Ride: bmw e60

Originally Posted by ranger530i
If you can figure that out that would be great because I'm in the same boat and I think these look awesome!
check this
Old 03-02-2015, 12:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Everything I've researched about these so far is that they are a pre-lci halogen only replacment.
Considering one of the small rings in my Orions has a lose connection and the other headlights has condensation issues these would be an amazing upgrade. I just need to see if the plugs are the same and maybe check the pin-out, whenever I get free time.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We expect to get our supply in a couple of months and we'll be modifying the rings to be Orions as well as offering them as bixenon options. They will however remain as halogen upgrade model headlights only. No xenon will be supported.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:55 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by Essa
Thanks for the info essa! But I have factory xenons so it won't fit my vehicle :'(
Old 03-02-2015, 04:33 PM
New Members

My Ride: bmw

These will never fit xenons as depo and I'm sure umnitza are aware, the xenon ballast and control module are located on the bottom of the E60 headlight, preventing any modification to replicate the F10/F30 style headlights which have LED modules w/ built in heat-sinks on the bottom and xenon ballast/control located elsewhere on the headlight. Basically you can't have an LED module below the rings shooting light directly into the ring, on a E60 xenon headlight. If you were able to relocate the xenon units, you could possibly rig something up. Thing is, it would be quite the hack job, and that is not a marketable concept. You'd have to make your own custom headlights with relocated ballast, etc.

I'm working on a project for updated E60 Xenon lights. If it works out, I'll post all the goods for DIYers when I'm done. I won't settle for shoddy quality so it'll either look excellent or I'll call it a failure. I know I'm a nobody but it might actually work out very well.

edit: Made a diagram to help illustrate my post
Attached Thumbnails Squared angel eyes headlights-ringevo.jpg  

Last edited by justalilbit; 03-02-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

I know that I do understand the location of the xenon parts. In my case, I am talking about a complete swap of the lights so the only issue should just be coding, so the car thinks it has halogens and wiring pinout.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:19 PM
New Members

I know that I do understand the location of the xenon parts. In my case, I am talking about a complete swap of the lights so the only issue should just be coding, so the car thinks it has halogens and wiring pinout.
Up to you, really. Personally I don't see these depo headlights as worth the trouble of coding if you're running xenon headlamps. I think you'd probably regret the decision down the road.

Did you reseal the headlight or did you have somebody else install your orions? Resealing is the most important part of the whole deal, I'd have words with somebody if you paid to have them done
Old 03-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Senior Members

I've wanted lci xenons but, in all honesty, I don't want to spend the ~$2-3k to get them with Orions, plus the lcm2, the wiring, coding and lighted fins. No point in going halfway and then having to take them out and ship them later.
The light were done 4 years ago by Simon. it just started this winter with the condensation and half lit ring. Condensation is due to Seattle weather probably, since we had a good bit of rain early on. I've tried fixing the ring but I would have to open it since I can jiggle the wire and it will light back up. Basically I need to reseal one and open and reseal the other.
With everything else going on in my life, a simple pinout change and few lines of code is much quicker. Plus it's a great stopgap measure.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:58 PM
New Members

I've wanted lci xenons but, in all honesty, I don't want to spend the ~$2-3k to get them with Orions, plus the lcm2, the wiring, coding and lighted fins. No point in going halfway and then having to take them out and ship them later.
The light were done 4 years ago by Simon. it just started this winter with the condensation and half lit ring. Condensation is due to Seattle weather probably, since we had a good bit of rain early on. I've tried fixing the ring but I would have to open it since I can jiggle the wire and it will light back up. Basically I need to reseal one and open and reseal the other.
With everything else going on in my life, a simple pinout change and few lines of code is much quicker. Plus it's a great stopgap measure.
Yeah I wasn't recommending lci retrofit. I feel you there, it costs way too much money and time. I just don't trust Depo enough to code my car for a pair of headlights and I wouldn't recommend it either. It doesn't hurt to find out if it's possible, though. The pessimist in me thinks it would suck to do that work for $600 headlights that have the diode crap out in a year, and having to deal with a company solely located in Taiwan.

Quick Reply: Squared angel eyes headlights