E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit

Old 07-02-2015, 01:35 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fully retrofitted now!! Thanks guys!

Ok I have finally completed the full SAT retrofit!!

Took me ages to fully complete!! Did my paddles and gear selector some time ago and Leew helped me code the paddles
In and also adding the VO!

I was hesitant about the EGS flash so I didn't get s1-s6.

Cut the long story short, went to my local Indy for a software upgrade on the EGS and guess what!??? Now have S1-S6!!!

So I think if you tell the car it has paddles And SAT when then update the software it thinks it had SAT does it for you!!

Any one who hasn't taken the dive!!

TAKE IT!!! The drive is
So much better!!

Thanks for all your help on this forum guys!! Amazing!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

@Kadirllb: Congrats Man. Wish I could do the EGS update as well no firmware for 525 with sat.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:19 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by likhan_s
@Kadirllb: Congrats Man. Wish I could do the EGS update as well no firmware for 525 with sat.

Cheers bro!

It's so much better man!
Old 08-20-2015, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

question for those knowledgable with this mod if sat options are added to the vo but paddle shifters are manually removed from the egs module. if the car needs repair at bmw and they need to code the car for the repair wouldn't the updated vo cause them to turn back on paddles by default, is there a way to modify vo so this won't happen when car is being serviced by dealer.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:05 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530e Alpine White
Model Year: 2017

@spediegunz: There is no VO which allow SAT without paddles. Disabling the paddles AFAIK is possible only changing config values in EGS. So, indeed once the option is in VO if the dealer while reprogramming, reprograms the EGS to default your paddles will be enabled. And once enabled if you don't have paddles, SAT will be put to safe mode, putting your shifter to right is not going to engage DS, it is going to fall back.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:18 AM
New Members

My Ride: bmw e60 520 2008

Hello everyone!

I have replaced my steering Wheel and shifter to SAT the shifter works great and the sport button have a green light when its on but the paddels dont work.. my car is a 2008-05 530XD and the parts is from a 2009-01

do i have to code with ncs expert to make the paddels work or does it requiers re wireing?
please help soon i want to drive the car withthe paddels.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwe60sweden
Hello everyone!

I have replaced my steering Wheel and shifter to SAT the shifter works great and the sport button have a green light when its on but the paddels dont work.. my car is a 2008-05 530XD and the parts is from a 2009-01

do i have to code with ncs expert to make the paddels work or does it requiers re wireing?
please help soon i want to drive the car withthe paddels.
Start with this post and keep reading

https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...9/#post1503595

If your wheel model is from and lci and has both push and pull function then just ignore the part about converting 2 wires into 1 because you already have just 1 wire. I guess just follow their instructions on how to wire it to the "e box"

If you're not so technically inclined and don't want to figure out the small details email roger@motivemods.com I think he might sell a pnp harness and wire pre made for this purpose

Coding is dependent on if you already added 2tb to the vo when you retrofitted the sat shifter. If you only installed just the hardware then you will need to code. After you run the wires.

Last edited by spediegunz; 09-03-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:23 AM
New Members

My Ride: bmw e60 520 2008

i have Wheel from a LCI and shifter from a LCI to and i have read all the 80 pages and yet doesnt understand what i have to do from now..

I can push and pull my paddels

i have talked to the bmw dealer in my Town and they told me that i need a code so i they kan make my paddels work.. what is it for code they mean?

Can you please help me im getting crazy about the paddels i just want them to work

what do i need do to for now? code the car? rewiring?

what do i code? is there any guide and wich wire does it need? is there any guide for that? ¨

i have send a PM to motivemods
Old 09-04-2015, 11:01 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 530i LCI N53

Here you go a couple of procedures, not mine but it should explain better

Encrypted_LCI Nachrüstung SAT Lenkrad LCI Retrofit SAT Wheel_unlock.pdf

Paddles SAT install.pdf
Old 09-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by leew88
Here you go a couple of procedures, not mine but it should explain better

Attachment 148552

Attachment 148553
Wow that is what you a direct answer to a question hopefully he can now install his paddles without any problem after reading the diys all you need is 2 wires with tyco pins on one end one gets routed to ground the other into the hood both very easy to do in half hour tops

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit