E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Front Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:50 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i Manual Sport
Model Year: 2007
Engine: 4.8 L N62 V8
Default Front Brake Rotors

Can any one recommend some good front brake rotors i can purchase online? The stealership prices are too high.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:52 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Engine: N62
Default My choice was R1 concepts

Originally Posted by skeematics
Can any one recommend some good front brake rotors i can purchase online? The stealership prices are too high.

i got R1 Concepts i ordered mine from the company bc they beat the ebay price, but you can get them or they have several other brands on ebay also. You have the privy on this site to read alot of good info. But i went with the whole brake kit 4 cross drilled and slotted rotors,brake shoes and sensor cables. For $326.00
Old 04-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by star69me
i got R1 Concepts i ordered mine from the company bc they beat the ebay price, but you can get them or they have several other brands on ebay also. You have the privy on this site to read alot of good info. But i went with the whole brake kit 4 cross drilled and slotted rotors,brake shoes and sensor cables. For $326.00
All that for $326? Wow.. great price. However, i'm looking for the simple OEM style rotors. I'm worried the life expectancy of the cross drill rotors may not me as long in comparison.

How many miles on those brakes you purchased?
Old 04-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

Default Zero

All that for $326? Wow.. great price. However, i'm looking for the simple OEM style rotors. I'm worried the life expectancy of the cross drill rotors may not me as long in comparison.

How many miles on those brakes you purchased?
None yet i just got them about a week ago. My Indy guy is on vacation but the R1's are suppose to be real good however they probably say that the same thing about alot of rotors. The people on this site will clear things up with comments
Old 04-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White 2010 535 M-Sport

Originally Posted by star69me
I just checked out the site and the eline kit for all 4 wheels was like $600 plus. Must have been on sale.. Once you get them on, please update your earlier post and let us know about how they feel. Will be doing soon..as soon as we get settled after a move..
Old 04-24-2017, 06:25 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White 2010 535 M-Sport

I was trying to stay OEM (not slotted or drilled) and was looking at the Zimmerman Coat Z rotors which seem to have great reviews. They are online at multiple locations. Was also eyeing BavAuto setup also but I couldn't find that many reviews..they do have a decent DIY video though.

I used Pelican Parts to locate most of the parts and options. Let us know what you decide. Good luck.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by plowery21
I was trying to stay OEM (not slotted or drilled) and was looking at the Zimmerman Coat Z rotors which seem to have great reviews. They are online at multiple locations. Was also eyeing BavAuto setup also but I couldn't find that many reviews..they do have a decent DIY video though.

I used Pelican Parts to locate most of the parts and options. Let us know what you decide. Good luck.
I saw the Zimmerman rotors as well. But i have not seen much reliable reviews about them. I'm hoping anyone with these rotors can comment.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:17 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i e21 320i
Model Year: 2005 1981
Engine: M54 M10

+1 on Zimmermann Z coat with Akebono ceramic pads. Have had this setup on all 4 corners sense August of 14, excellent , with no dust on rims. Have used Zimmermann & Akebono on 3 other cars and same performance and longevity. Don't use unknown parts on these cars.

If I were replacing rotors, pads and sensors, I could get Zimmermann Z coat, Akebono pads and sensors for my car from FCPEURO for $401.99 shipped as a complete kit. Just add Pentosin Dot4 LV fluid for a flush and you're done...

FCPEURO.com
Old 04-25-2017, 06:41 AM
Members
Senior Members

Default Call

Originally Posted by plowery21
I just checked out the site and the eline kit for all 4 wheels was like $600 plus. Must have been on sale.. Once you get them on, please update your earlier post and let us know about how they feel. Will be doing soon..as soon as we get settled after a move..

l would call R1 direct. I saw the same thing on their site, but i called them and go the deal
Old 04-25-2017, 08:32 AM
New Members

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i, premium package, 6sp manual, cold package, navigation package.
Model Year: 2005

I saw the Zimmerman rotors as well. But i have not seen much reliable reviews about them. I'm hoping anyone with these rotors can comment.
I use Zimmermans with Pagid semimetallic. I am not a fan of aggressive initial bite on braking, since I use the "heel and toe" techniques when braking and agressive pads make it difficult to modulate the brakes. 2005 545 6MT.