E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retrofit electric tilt steering wheel

Old 11-28-2016, 11:07 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206
Default Retrofit electric tilt steering wheel

My 06 525i came with standard manual tilt steering wheel and semi-electric seat. I recently retrofitted the comfort seat already and now want to have the electric tilt steering wheel as well ( I don't need heated one cause its hot like hell where I live).

I have searched up and down but only to find DIY on those heated wheel only. Nonetheless, I gathered the below and would like to have your advice for me to proceed
  1. I have to buy an electric steering column, not just a pump as I see on realoem the movement mechanism is different
  2. I need to buy the whole lipsrping underneath the wheel, not just the button since the connector goes with the lipspring, not directly connected to the pump on the steering column
  3. I need to adjust/calibrate the SZL module and steering angle sensor to the new steering column. Would this be doable with WINKFPT and tool32?
  4. I need to wire the pump to to canbus and the button via LIN Bus at center console module (A169) ?
  5. Coding with NCSExpert for this option and automatic lift upon engine off?

Thanks for your help and I'd love to have this as Christmas gift for myself.

Search this Thread