E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Remus Quad Exhaust for 2006 530i

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Thanks, Boost7.

Congratulations with your new born! Here is a good website to monitor your child's progress. Register and input his/her info and they will send emails to you on what to expect. See link below.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#se...10bdb7531b4488

Lucky for me, my child is always ahead of the chart. Just the other day, she told me she created her own server for Minecraft. She is now seven years old. Don't go cheap on formulas (Enfamil is great!) during the first three years. The first three years are very important years for 'brain development". After that, life will be so much comfortable for everyone when the child is healthy, happy and developed ahead of schedule! ;-)

Yes, I will install the mesh for the rear bumper after I give it some time to get used to the new look. I will l definitely change my exhaust tips to the style you have or something similar.

Thanks,

Daniel
Old 11-20-2015, 10:36 AM
New Members

My Ride: 09 535xi Touched by TURNER
Model Year: 2009
Engine: n54
Default just a little bit more......

hey guys/gals

id like some input on some sort of low cost exhaust db increase..

she's an 09 lci 535 stock exhaust (Vac/Mod)
I'm not looking for a huge db increase.. just a nice tone and when I get on her... a bit louder

I was thinking some sort of cut and remove "STRAIGHT PIPE"..???
ur thoughts please the budget is $165

GO:
Old 11-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

for 165? muffler delete and some nice tips.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Please allow me to respond to all your assertions. Whether you do business with us again or not, that's up to you.

You called us on Tuesday of last week saying, in a bit of a panic wanting to get a complete bumper and exhaust package shipped to you urgently and that could we please give you a discount because you were a nice guy

I specifically told you that when you purchase the exhaust and the bumper, you get a $100 discount off the exhaust. So you said great, I have $780 to work with on my insurance and could you please call our body shop (Joe) to set up the order.

I called Joe. Joe had 0 clue what was going on. He said he'd have to talk to you.
Then for the next 2 days nothing really happened then Joe called in and placed the order saying he really needed the parts quickly to get the car out of the shop. I won't repeat all the details but I'd be happy to talk to you on the phone about it if you desire.

Then on Thursday afternoon, Joe placed the order on your behalf. Now, unbeknownst to you, though I did tell you this on Saturday morning, we had to special order this exhaust and pay an expedite fee to get it shipped here because of Joe's (your) timeline. Not your problem, but regardless, the exhaust arrived early Saturday morning at our facility and was promptly delivered to the distribution center 40 miles away to expedite the delivery process.

I replied to you that it was impossible to recall and/or cancel the exhaust because of the circumstances at 10:20am on Saturday, 1 hour after the exhaust had already been shipped.

In case you're still unsure of what happened, here's the tracking that shows Joe signed for it. Further, if you ask Joe or his secretary, we called him 2 more times to confirm he had in fact received it. Furthermore, what happened was the shipment while at the loading dock on Saturday for some reason didn't actually leave the USPS facility until Monday evening. No real explanation of that but it actually happens pretty often. Joe had the tracking number all along, you could have asked him - his name is on the invoice therefore his email gets all the updates, we normally give no details outside of the direct purchaser

And one more thing, Joe (who is actually Sal Mendoza, don't ask, I don't understand it either) stated he would not be sending the exhaust back. Joe happens to be a veteran that was a pleasure to deal with and we'll be doing more business with him on other BMWs in the future.

We delivered exactly on all our promises to get the product to you as quickly as possible. You even pressured us (though you didn't actually pay for the parts Joe did) to get the shipment out multiple times. Your characterization of the process is unfair.

I came on here to try to set your our point of view and record straight. I'm not interested in an argument about who said what and who said it when.

I genuinely want you to enjoy the exhaust and if you wish, call in and we can discuss this like men In the end, we all want what's best and you really did get what is best, it will really feel that way once Joe finishes up your car.

Originally Posted by E60I
It looks like I am "stuck" with the Umnitza quad exhaust! I asked Matt (sales guy) to cancel my order on Saturday after he sent me an email on Friday (11/13/15), "stating that it cannot be shipped out until the following Monday". That Sunday, he replied to my email and stated that it cannot be cancelled because it was already processed. If I return it, I would have to pay over $100 for shipping and restocking fee.

Since the body shop ordered it for me, he said I am not his customer and it's up to the shop to to do what they want. I asked him at least twice to provide me the tracking number for the shipment. Both times, he failed to provide it. When I said if he does not provide the tracking number I requested, I will report him to his boss. In response, he literally replied via email, stating that it is scheduled to be delivered to the shop on Wednesday. Up until now, I don't even know if the shop received it.

Anyways, I don't want to deal with him anymore and just wanted to remedy with what I am stuck with.

The Umnitza quad exhaust comes with straight edged tips. I don't really like it (the reason I want to cancel the order) because I think they look weak and ugly. I can't seem to find any "round edged" sleeves to make it look nicer. If I chop off the tips that they come with, it will cost me a least another $120 for new tips plus labor (another reason why I wanted to cancel the order!).

The tips that it comes with is 3.5". Without having to chop off what the exhaust comes with, can anyone suggest something that you think will make the tips look nicer?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Daniel

PS: I am not really a push over. I prefer to be nice when someone provides work on my cars, food or heart surgery. I don't want them to do me wrong if I piss them off! For my car repair situation, I will leave them alone and give them a chance to shine. Matt obviously gave me a good reason to NOT do business with him again.

I also bought the M5 rear bumper from him at the same time, and the shop is currently working on painting and installing it. Matt said it comes with the battery cover and it must be installed to keep the bottom, center trim straight. I will provide my feedbacks about this; after everything is done.
Attached Thumbnails Remus Quad Exhaust for 2006 530i-clipboard01.jpg  
Old 11-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

People who deal with you without extra cautions will learn the hard way!!!

Your tracking shows the exhaust was not shipped out until 8:57 P.M (IN THE EVENING!!!!) on 11/16/15. You hid like a coward, intentionally not calling me back to talk like real men because you needed to make your sales commission. I have confirmations that I emailed and called you on Saturday (11/14/15) and Monday (11/16/15) MORNING at 9:00 a.m. to tell you that I don't need the exhaust anymore because I wanted to buy the Remus Quad from Bavarian Auto Sport. You had more than enough time to stop the shipment, but you didn't because it would not benefit you. Please stop making up craps! I don't care to hear it anymore!!!

Seriously, I don't care to do business with you again!!! I rather pay more like I wanted with the Remus Quad Exhaust from Bavarian Auto sport than to have that kind of bad experience again.

Originally Posted by umnitza
Please allow me to respond to all your assertions. Whether you do business with us again or not, that's up to you.

You called us on Tuesday of last week saying, in a bit of a panic wanting to get a complete bumper and exhaust package shipped to you urgently and that could we please give you a discount because you were a nice guy

I specifically told you that when you purchase the exhaust and the bumper, you get a $100 discount off the exhaust. So you said great, I have $780 to work with on my insurance and could you please call our body shop (Joe) to set up the order.

I called Joe. Joe had 0 clue what was going on. He said he'd have to talk to you.
Then for the next 2 days nothing really happened then Joe called in and placed the order saying he really needed the parts quickly to get the car out of the shop. I won't repeat all the details but I'd be happy to talk to you on the phone about it if you desire.

Then on Thursday afternoon, Joe placed the order on your behalf. Now, unbeknownst to you, though I did tell you this on Saturday morning, we had to special order this exhaust and pay an expedite fee to get it shipped here because of Joe's (your) timeline. Not your problem, but regardless, the exhaust arrived early Saturday morning at our facility and was promptly delivered to the distribution center 40 miles away to expedite the delivery process.

I replied to you that it was impossible to recall and/or cancel the exhaust because of the circumstances at 10:20am on Saturday, 1 hour after the exhaust had already been shipped.

In case you're still unsure of what happened, here's the tracking that shows Joe signed for it. Further, if you ask Joe or his secretary, we called him 2 more times to confirm he had in fact received it. Furthermore, what happened was the shipment while at the loading dock on Saturday for some reason didn't actually leave the USPS facility until Monday evening. No real explanation of that but it actually happens pretty often. Joe had the tracking number all along, you could have asked him - his name is on the invoice therefore his email gets all the updates, we normally give no details outside of the direct purchaser

And one more thing, Joe (who is actually Sal Mendoza, don't ask, I don't understand it either) stated he would not be sending the exhaust back. Joe happens to be a veteran that was a pleasure to deal with and we'll be doing more business with him on other BMWs in the future.

We delivered exactly on all our promises to get the product to you as quickly as possible. You even pressured us (though you didn't actually pay for the parts Joe did) to get the shipment out multiple times. Your characterization of the process is unfair.

I came on here to try to set your our point of view and record straight. I'm not interested in an argument about who said what and who said it when.

I genuinely want you to enjoy the exhaust and if you wish, call in and we can discuss this like men In the end, we all want what's best and you really did get what is best, it will really feel that way once Joe finishes up your car.

Last edited by E60I; 11-20-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:20 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by E60I
Thanks for making it sound so simple, Boost7!

I already suggested that idea to my body shop and the guy acted like it could not be done. After the M5 bumper is installed and painted, I will take my car to "the muffler" shop for a second opinion. I can't see how it can not be done if they have the right parts and equipment...
It can definitely be done. Granted this was 10 years ago, but I handed an exhaust shop my stroker E30, a universal Magnaflow cat and muffler. They welded a 2-1 Y pipe off of my BavAuto header and fabricated a 2.5" single pipe exhaust system from the header back for right around $300. What you're after can definitely be done, and I bet for much cheaper than what I paid, which wasn't much.

FWIW, I had a Remus exhaust on my E30 before I built the motor, and within 36 months all of the welds on the muffler casing were rusting and falling apart. The sound was awesome, quality was not.

good luck.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:45 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528xi PP

To chime in on that argument. Sure maybe sales at Umnitza didn't answer your emails, but that 8:54PM notification is when it left the USPS postal office. That's not the same as when it's label was printed, processed, and taken in for shipping. As someone who ships and receives a lot of merchandise I can say that it is likely Umnitza did send it out in the morning and since it was a Saturday it could be processed by USPS slower than your typical weekday.

Let's not try to sink an established dealer who has a decent rep here over one order that could be both sides' fault.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:57 AM
New Members

My Ride: 09 535xi Touched by TURNER
Model Year: 2009
Engine: n54
Default move this to the correct place guys and grow up..

Originally Posted by bapeforceone
To chime in on that argument. Sure maybe sales at Umnitza didn't answer your emails, but that 8:54PM notification is when it left the USPS postal office. That's not the same as when it's label was printed, processed, and taken in for shipping. As someone who ships and receives a lot of merchandise I can say that it is likely Umnitza did send it out in the morning and since it was a Saturday it could be processed by USPS slower than your typical weekday.

Let's not try to sink an established dealer who has a decent rep here over one order that could be both sides' fault.
this is not the correct place for this.. C'mon Guys...
Old 11-25-2015, 10:28 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528xi PP

Originally Posted by rackhacker9275
this is not the correct place for this.. C'mon Guys...
I'm not sure where you're coming from rackhacker9275, but I'm just trying to mediate. This thread went from a simple question for information to straight bashing a vendor. I'm trying to give either side the benefit of the doubt as I've not dealt with either.