E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LM2 and Lci Rear Light Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 06:08 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530D
Model Year: 2006
Default LM2 and Lci Rear Light Help

Hi Guys
I have only been a E60 530D 2006 non Lci owner for a short while and have been sourcing parts for retrofitting, i have already retrofitted a Mask to CCC and that went very well.

Yesterday i tried to install a LM2 modul and Lci rear lights along with new cables, my problem is after changing vin coding etc the rear lights are dead, no rear indicators. fogs taillights or brakelights(3rd still working).

I refitted the non Lci rear lights and they work fine except when lights are on rear fog lights are automatically on although very dim and the tail lights switch off after a few seconds.

I have followed the tutorials over and over and cant figure out what is wrong, can anyone give me any pointers, also when re-doing the wiring i did the following.

2 wires from cable kit to LM plug took out original wires on pin's 5 and 62 and taped up and fitted the new wires from the rear cable kit.

Swapped pin 25 to 63 and 40 to 11.

Please help
Thanks in advance
Old 01-08-2017, 11:33 AM
New Members

Default *solved*

Hi Guys

Made a very annoying school boy error with the retrofit cables, big difference with LH and RD drive cars, i have now swapped the wires over from Left to Right and all is now well.
Reason for mistake is the red and white wire that goes to the LM2 modul would not reach if fitted according to manual and label on wires so i swapped them over.

What i didn't realise is that the wiring to the plug's is not uniform for LH and RH.
Thanks anyway.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:19 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2010

I also had this same problem, Ended up being same issue you have, the Retrofit wires were only design for US Spec Retrofit. Had to swap them over. I think I had to cut some wires though and reroute them though on the Rear LCI connectors.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:44 PM
New Members

Hi
Thanks for the reply, i haven't had chance to test fully yet, getting too late.
Did you also do the Lci headlamp retrofit, i'm going to try and tackle that tomorrow, i wander if i will have issues again with the wiring.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:30 AM
New Members

I used an aftermarket adapter since I didn't want to cut my OEM Wires but it was still wired wrong, so I just cut up the adapter wires instead and routed them correctly. Depending on which lights you have, You may be missing a second Ground wire, and may have to unplug 2 wires on the LM2 and join them into 1 pin for high beam shutter. All depends on what you are retrofitting for front.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:37 AM
New Members

Hi
Thanks for the reply..
Im changing halogens to halogen projectors, been at it all day weather hasn't been very good and i'm soaking wet.

Have a problem with both lights now they are fitted no high beams, they work on the bench but not in the car, will have to look at this tomorrow, also rear lights i have a brake and fog lamp(fog lamp is very dim) acting as the tail light the leds bars are not lit so i will have to look into this also tomorrow.
Thanks again
Old 01-10-2017, 03:41 AM
New Members

Did you make sure the LM2 is coded to the car?

Also I did have to modify my rear wiring harness even after swapping sides with them. You most likely will have to do the same.

The front should be a bit easier.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:07 AM
New Members

Hi

Yes car is all coded, i swapped the terminals over last night and all is now well with the rear lights.

Had a bit of trouble with one of my retrofit connectors i couldn't get the angel eye terminal to click into the connector, so every time i connect the connector to the headlight the terminal pops out, i have sourced an original Lci plug and wires from a wrecked car and will fit that instead.

Finally got my highbeams working last night, took a lot of time on the internet to find this fix, all it was was one line of code to change in the LMH modul.

All is now well (touch wood)

Many thanks for taking time to go over this with me.