E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Just got the ACS lip put on my e60

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 30d, E39 35i
Model Year: 2004, 2001
Engine: M57n

hope you get that colour sorted. in relation to the lip, where did you get it from and how was the fitment - thinking of ac'ing mine
Old 09-29-2014, 11:47 AM
New Members

My Ride: 04 545i6 Mystic Metallic Blue

I just found a pic of my car the day I bought it, It had that acs lip. Well the first parking block I accidentally pulled up on changed that real quick and ripped it right off lol
Old 09-29-2014, 01:49 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 525i. Weisslicht angel eye bulbs and side marker lenses. Magnaflow exhaust, Black and silver carbon fiber emblems, aluminum race pedals, sport mode modification, LED interior bulbs, bumper reflector

Well soon as I got there, I got em to fix the shitty ass job they did in installing it. Soon as I mentioned the paint they started pulling out invoices and talking about how expensive and shit it was and that it was all my fault that the paint is wrong because I gave them the color code. So after arguing a bit more and being told that he had "bigger fish" to worry about I left. So now I'm left with either finding someone else and paying another 200 freaking bucks or more. Just damn ridiculous.

Do y'all think it would look bad if I just plasti dipped it black or something??
Old 09-29-2014, 01:52 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 525i. Weisslicht angel eye bulbs and side marker lenses. Magnaflow exhaust, Black and silver carbon fiber emblems, aluminum race pedals, sport mode modification, LED interior bulbs, bumper reflector

Originally Posted by jinsta
hope you get that colour sorted. in relation to the lip, where did you get it from and how was the fitment - thinking of ac'ing mine
Well I bought mine from ebay for like 100 bucks including shipping. The fitment is just ok. I think I cheaped out way too much cause the sides of my acs weren't a perfect fit. I'll take some pics when I get home and post em. But the car looks amazing with the bumper

In hindsight though, I think I would rather have just bought the replica M5 bumper. The acs looks amazing, but I still feel like something is missing
Old 09-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by rice_rocket88
I'm not a paint and body guy.. but seeing that you're in Texas with blazing heat and sun.. isn't it reasonable to say that your own factory paint is no longer "factory color"?
No. oxidation will affect color, but if (and when) it does it will lighten the toners in the base coat, not darken them. the freshly painted trim is much lighter. whoever mixed the paint for that car didn't do it properly (i.e. use proper amounts of toners).

OP, that paint is not even in the ballpark. that shop absolutely needs to redo it. if you ever have trim like that painted without giving them the car, pop off a tow hook cover and give it to them; they need to be able to use something to compare against when doing spray out panels to match color. I'm going to guess there are at least 3 variances in that paint code, and that might be a conservative guess. Some colors can have 15+ variances all for one paint code!

for $300, that paint should be spot on; I paid a guy $350 cash to paint my entire M Tech kit and it came out great, and my car is 10 years old and lives in Florida.

Last edited by KyleB; 09-29-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:42 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by KyleB
No. oxidation will affect color, but if (and when) it does it will lighten the toners in the base coat, not darken them. the freshly painted trim is much lighter. whoever mixed the paint for that car didn't do it properly (i.e. use proper amounts of toners).

OP, that paint is not even in the ballpark. that shop absolutely needs to redo it. if you ever have trim like that painted without giving them the car, pop off a tow hook cover and give it to them; they need to be able to use something to compare against when doing spray out panels to match color. I'm going to guess there are at least 3 variances in that paint code, and that might be a conservative guess. Some colors can have 15+ variances all for one paint code!

for $300, that paint should be spot on; I paid a guy $350 cash to paint my entire M Tech kit and it came out great, and my car is 10 years old and lives in Florida.
every time i mentioned the paint, all he said it was my fault and they refused to do anything else unless i buy all the materials. he mentioned that a quart of that specific paint cost 75 bucks. anyone have any idea if this is close to what it should be?

as much as i wanna redo the bumper, I don't wanna shell out so much more money. i might just stick with it.. :/
Old 10-01-2014, 12:00 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w m5 tech kit, 2007 Mercedes e63 AMG, 2005 ford expedition

Don't stick wit it. It clearly doesn't look rite And These aholes sure seem like they dug there heels deep on this one? Pass there info so fellow members In ure area won't do any business's with these clowns
Old 10-01-2014, 06:54 AM
New Members

My Ride: 04 545i6 Mystic Metallic Blue

Whats the name of the shop? Do they have a facebook page, yelp? lol easily make hell for them
Old 10-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i
Model Year: 2004

^^^ What he said! If you're lucky maybe the owner will read it and try to work something out with you, if you agree to amend the comments or retract it altogether. It's rare but i've seen that happen. It's worth a shot! Look at it this way, this is the cheapest way of "potentially" getting it corrected, if this doesn't work then you can spend money fixing the problem.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 30d, E39 35i
Model Year: 2004, 2001
Engine: M57n

Originally Posted by chaudhrysn
Well I bought mine from ebay for like 100 bucks including shipping. The fitment is just ok. I think I cheaped out way too much cause the sides of my acs weren't a perfect fit. I'll take some pics when I get home and post em. But the car looks amazing with the bumper

In hindsight though, I think I would rather have just bought the replica M5 bumper. The acs looks amazing, but I still feel like something is missing
Cheers for that, will have little look in a bit. Dont have any UK sellers with them on bay so will prob have to import over from your side of the pond. Not sure if common on your side, but you hardly see any here so be kinda nice. Looks effing tasty on 528canyonrot's

Got any more snaps of it and did they do your skirts the wrong colour too?

Quick Reply: Just got the ACS lip put on my e60