E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help please - BMW E60 retrofit folding side mirrors with self dimming

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 02:26 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 3.0d

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes i had already looked at these and was about to buy them but they dont have the leds so i chose the other set. Am not too fussed about the auto dimming tbh. I dont have the start button so do you think i will need to do any modification for the wiring? My holiday will start from 6th of oct so this will give me time to buy them and fit them in time. It would be great if you have time to program them any time after the 6th (if you available) i can then show you my orions v4s setup
Old 09-18-2014, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d

fitting all the mirror types are pretty much plug and play, just needs coding to actually work. The only thing you've gotta check is how many connectors your current mirrors have which you now know.

Since you're taking the door car off you can change the driver's switch pack with one that has the folding mirror button if you want - this is entirely plug and play.

It looks like those are shipping from abroad so it'll probably take a week or two to get here, in time for your holidays. PM me your number and where abouts you are, and I'll let you know when I'm in London.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:26 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60 3.0d

I will, thanks for all the help sanjsanj
Old 09-21-2014, 07:45 AM
New Members

My Ride: bmw e60

Originally Posted by sanjsanj
do you have ncsexpert? send me both door module trace files (TMBT, TMFT or TE_BFT, TE_FAT) and I can tell you...
Hello

Here is my door module trace file

i want to activate puddle light and tilt mirror when reverse
Attached Files
File Type: txt
TMBT.txt (1.9 KB, 263 views)
TMFT.txt (2.0 KB, 173 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

check you pm
Old 09-27-2014, 08:17 AM
New Members

My Ride: bmw e60

Problem solved

I swamped the base of my old mirror and now the passanger mirror can be use
But not manage to have passanger side mirror when reverse and puddle light don't work yet.

here is my nettodata file
Attached Files
TMBT.txt (1.6 KB, 170 views)
TMFT.txt (1.6 KB, 119 views)
Old 11-11-2014, 01:39 PM
New Members

My Ride: 525d Touring M Sport E61 2009

Sorry if this has been answered before but i have recently purchased a 2009 E61 525d Business Edition Touring and would like to have auto fold mirrors and was wondering if someone could answer a few questions on retrofitting these.

If i was to purchase a set of folding mirrors that are from a 2006 or later car would they be compatible?

If i was to purchase the switch unit for the door would i need to purchase anything else or just need to get them programmed?

If they had the auto dim feature would i need to do anything else to get that feature to work or would i currently have all the relevant wiring in place due to having the auto dim rear view mirror internally.

Thanks in advance for any reply regarding this its very much appreciated.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jj896
Sorry if this has been answered before but i have recently purchased a 2009 E61 525d Business Edition Touring and would like to have auto fold mirrors and was wondering if someone could answer a few questions on retrofitting these.

If i was to purchase a set of folding mirrors that are from a 2006 or later car would they be compatible?
yes

If i was to purchase the switch unit for the door would i need to purchase anything else or just need to get them programmed?
just coded

If they had the auto dim feature would i need to do anything else to get that feature to work or would i currently have all the relevant wiring in place due to having the auto dim rear view mirror internally.
run a wire from the RVM to KGM (KBM?) module

Thanks in advance for any reply regarding this its very much appreciated.
https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yo...irrors-119719/
Old 11-12-2014, 02:32 AM
New Members

My Ride: 525d Touring M Sport E61 2009

Thanks for your response and you inclusion of the PDF document but i have just a few more questions if you don't mind.

Do i need to follow the whole of the guide to retrofit or would i just need to install the wires for the auto dim mirrors and reprogram?

Would my current wiring just plug into the power folding mirrors without the need to cut any wires?

Where or who can code my mirrors to work, i live in the North East of England if anyone knows someone who can do it or is it a dealer only program?
Old 11-12-2014, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

you don't have to run the wire from the RVM if you don't want the dimming function.

No you're connecting the new mirrors to different wires so you'll have to tap into other existing wires (no need to cut if you don't want to) for the lin bus, power and ground might be the same.

Anyone with the software and the cable can code it... I code cars too, make a road trip to the south east? lol. What headlights do you have by the way?

Quick Reply: Help please - BMW E60 retrofit folding side mirrors with self dimming