E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Header install on n52

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 10:07 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007
Default Header install on n52

Hello all,well here's the situation, I have a set of a headers on the way and need to know if anyone else has done an install? A used to advertised they were for a 528,I searcher the form and didn't find much. I wrench for a living so it should be straight forward.Just looking for other members who have done it and there solution on the o2 light. I'm getting a tune when done, thank you all
Old 04-29-2016, 01:58 PM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.

Over29 reviews and no installs? I'm I the only one ??? Come on guys,what do ya got??
Old 05-01-2016, 03:01 PM
New Members

Thumbs up

Ok,well now I know why there are no repleys,cause no one has done it,with aa headers ,that I can find. So I'll have to do an diy as I go,I can't find any info except super sprint those are a little pricey for my budget. Well what I have found out is that aa headers are for the 1 and 3 series only,my midpipes are different angles. Since the headers are in transit,it's hard to tell the exacts of the flanges.I may have to go with the e90 midpipes or aftermarket to get the closest pipe diameter. I'll take pics as I go as soon as this gets underway. If anyone has done this,all hands on deck would be appreciated . Thank you
Old 05-01-2016, 03:18 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 2006 sedan auto

very interested in how your headers go with sound, power etc
I have thought about it for a long time but not sure it would be worth the money or give any real improvement.

Ill watch for your update
Old 05-01-2016, 04:16 PM
New Members

Wink

Absolutely this is going to be an adventure, but for the gains,this the most for the amount spent. Thank you
Old 05-02-2016, 11:50 AM
New Members

Wink

Well more searching found that the 335 and 535 share the same collector size and gasket,but the piping is different. The 328,528 share the same,but the 328 has bigger midpipes than the 5 series,so,I may try to incorporate the 328 pipes to my 525 pipes,the 535 exhaust would be an upgrade in someone looking to keep it stock,definatly a Hp boost with the bigger pipe,but the mids, may bee to big......More to come!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:20 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525ix (N52 Engine)

In for future info. I got a 525xi, dont really want to dump money into perfroamnce but I have a feeling that I just might on the cheap. I was going just do a muffler delete but then I got thinking if I could maybe just make a custom exhaust.

I was also thinking about welding in a electronic cut out, so with the flip of the switch my car could sound like its straight piped. Not sure what to do yet. Some of the prices for parts for N52 engines are ridiculous...especially that ESS supercharger. 5,000 for like a 70-80 HP gain. I dont see it being worth it really.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:18 PM
New Members

Well,as you may know,the n52 is very limited when modding,I don't think that's what bmw had in mind when they built this,we can all agree. I myself didn't realize when I bought the car,I had gotten it with the lowest hp possible. The car is beautiful,and is smooth as hell in the higher mph. There were talks long ago that the m division hadn't gotten there hands on it,as you can tell,it never made it. So,I read,and read,and kept reading to see what other guys are doing and the gains there providing. You can find a lot of good deals if your capable of doing your own work. A supercharger,for the money,may not be a cost efficient way to go. My first mod was a bms PowerBox, it works,night and day with the throttle response, a kn filter,charcoal delete,and the sport mode retrofit. Highly recomended,keep in touch with what the e90 guys are doing for mods for the n52, as well as e60,and 5 series for the other mods. Hope this helps, I'm running a tread on aa headers in a e60
Old 05-03-2016, 04:31 PM
New Members

Thumbs up

So,back to the headers. They finally arrived today,these things are everything they talk about,these things are awesome :Now I was able to see what's in store for this to happen.. I believe a set of e90 midpipes are going to be the easiest and cheaper way to go,this will allow for swapping back if all else fails. The pipes bend upward,this is correct,and the diameter is the same for the collectors. I don't know about eliminating the cats,I will no doubt loose torque,and gain rasp and drone,unless I hear someone else's. I'll still need a tune for all this,so a aftermarket or custom may be on hold till this install is complete. The car is going in the shop next week for bumper and skirts. The hunt contines
Old 05-03-2016, 08:42 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525ix (N52 Engine)

Iv been searching and looking too. Yesterday i found out that a guy with a 07 328 E92 (n52 engine) slapped a turbo on it last year, and has been driving with no problems since. He has it set up where he has 3 modes of boost, low, mid and high. On mid boost he says he is in the 420hp range....

He spent about 9-10k on the build tho. So there is that. He said the most challenging part was the actual tuning. When i saw that i was like yea supercharger seems more cost effective then anything compared to that hahaha. Id be content with 300-340 hp. haha I feel like thats more then enough in a 5 series.

Sorry to throw post off topic lol

Quick Reply: Header install on n52