E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Hartge Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 04:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would anyone kow any local dealers here in the US for Hartge Wheels?

check this link out:

http://www.hartge.de/html/e60specialuk.html
Old 01-06-2004, 02:43 PM
Members

i emailed hartge and they responded back with a dealer in california - dazzmotorsports, so i call them up and referred me to a dealer here in the east coast. this dealer gave me a price on the following:

Hartge Classic - Silver
Front 19 x 8.5 with Pirelli P-Zero Assimetrico 245/35/19
Rear 19 x 9.5 with Pirelli P-Zero Assimetrico 275/30/19
All lug bolts included
For $3415 + Va Sales tax of 4.5%

I researched some more and went to a local aftermarket wheel dealer - same setup for $3600 + Va Sales tax

Finally, I found wickedbodies.net - same setup $3401, no tax, a little savings there, they're based up in New Jersey. Sales rep I spoke with is Joe, very professional to deal with. The order is being processed, of course it's too early to determine total customer satisfaction - so I will post when I get the wheels.

I've asked questions about offset, run flat tire monitor, lug bolts, etc. I guess I'll have to turn off the FTM in the I-drive since I won't be using the stock dunlops anymore.

To be honest, I'm really excited, however, the amount is quite a lot! I'm sure it's all worth it! I tried to hide the purchase from the old lady...big mistake! She overheard my phone conversation with Joe and now she's asking for a new laptop!
Guess what, got a new laptop on the way too!

To all readers - should I hang on to the stock run-flat's and wheels or sell them? I know they cost a lot! Please post. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

Exclamation

I believe the tyre pressure surveillance-system is operable no matter what kind of tyre is fitted. The system is operable on our winter tyres that doesn't have the run flat technology - at least is seems so from the display, however, they havent reported any abnormal drop of pressure

To my knowledge, the system uses the ABS-sensors to measure the circumference or rotation of the wheels in order to determine any deviation in pressure - in which is operating no matter what kind of wheels are used.

-paasan
Old 01-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Members

with the install of the 19" hartge, i already have the sport package, would anyone know if i still need to lower the car to fill the wheel well properly? thanks.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

The sports package is only 0.6 inches lower than the no sport, but both sit pretty low already. I don't think you will need to lower it any more that it already is, and the 19's will do a good job. The 18s do pretty good as they are, so the 19's will just bring out that muscular look even more.

Also, as for the tire monitor, it is based on the rotation of the wheels and the rotation for all four tires being the same over a certain period of time. Short spin outs and traction events aside, the tire monitor feature is all software that utilizes the wheelspeed sensors which are on all vehicles. So, if you have a problem once you install the wheels, just reset the tire monitoring system, and you should be good to go.

Lastly, you MUST post pics when you get them put on. When do you expect them? If you are in the east, I would assume it will be a while before you put them on. The price of $3,401 does sound good. Let us know how everything goes.

Congrats and good luck!
Old 01-07-2004, 01:34 AM
Members

Aaron:

Thanks for the very informative response! I'm expecting them NLT than Monday, 1/12. I'm having it shipped to this "favorite" body shop of mine to ensure that it gets here and doesn't get stolen. UPS will probably just leave it at my front door - since they can't guarantee delivery time to the hour.

In any case, I WILL definitely post pictures as soon as I get them installed. Hopefully all turns out well! Happy driving!

gonzo
Old 01-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

You're welcome. I will patiently await the pictures. I am planning on ordering my 530i, 6-speed as soon as the 2005s can be ordered.

Here are my plans:
White
Auburn Interior
Sport Package or Premium (Haven't decided yet)
Nav
Bluetooth
Active Xenon
Cold Weather
Sun Shades

Wheels - 19" HRE 441Rs

I had 18" Hartge Classics on my 318i a couple of years ago. Loved them. They really complemented the car perfectly. I am sure you will enjoy them on your E60.

Congrats again
Old 01-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Jan 7 2004, 09:43 PM
Sport Package or Premium (Haven't decided yet)
Sport OR Premium? Get both!

You sure bluetooth will be ready by 2005? 06? 07? <_<
Old 01-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Members

i'd definitely recommend sport and premium packages! don't short-changed yourself. i coud have waited myself, but the itch was so much that i had to get one. not sure if you read my post somewhere else, but i ended up buying in illinois, about 1000 miles from virginia, because the local dealer didn't have them and the fact that they wouldn't negotiate other than msrp, i saved about $1500.

a few more days and hopefully all turns out well.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Contributors

Will probably get both, but I am trying to limit the monthly payment. But, if dealer gives money off as promised, then I will go for both. Gonzo, I am with you on travelling to the dealer. The dealership here (El Paso) just has not impressed me, and I will probably end up driving 1000 round trip to Albuquerque because the I really liked their new dealership and the sales guy took his time with me and was really patient and helpful.

As for the bluetooth, you are right...who knows? I just read on the E65 Roadfly messag board that they still don't have it for the 7 and it is going on three years of production. I used to think it was a US cell phone issue, but if it is available on the E39 and other automakers, BMW should be able to step it up. I need some kind of handsfree option. But, if it is not available, I will still get the car. I actually don't like talking on the phone while I am driving, but in emergencies and with work, it would be nice to have the handsfree option integrated into the radio, stereo, etc. Even if it is not bluetooth if something else is available that is fine with me.

Quick Reply: Hartge Wheels