E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Hi guys, I've been meaning to post this since earlier this week, but kept putting it off

In any case, I figure I would right now before I go take a cat nap -- hahaha.

I have been working on these on and off due to waiting for parts to arrive, replacement for wrong parts, etc. Took about a week and a half to finish, though it really shouldn't have taken me more than 2-3 days.

Anyway, I present to you the only set of functioning quad projector LCI headlights with satin black out, clear lenses, 6000K Orions, and white eyebrows. The white eyebrows I had done previously, but seems that I may not have soldered the wiring well enough previously, as it wasn't juicing the current enough, resulting in a 4300K color. Now it's 6000-7000K, looks great!

Without further rambling, here are pics! I had other ideas and things that I wanted to do, but at the end of the day, I was tired of my headlights out of commission, so not sure if I'll ever get around to poke at those ideas again.

First two pics are "before".

I do apologize for such a picture heavy post, but whatever, it's my thread

Also, I think two other pictures I want to share is on another computer. I experimented with blacking out the Orion rings as well. It actually looks pretty sleek, but you lost up to 20% of the brightness (though still brighter than anything else besides HID AE). Even now I still ponder if I should've done it to mine. I'll post those pics later.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00314.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00316.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00374.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00378.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00379.jpg  

First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2002.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2005.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2023.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2049.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2050.jpg  

First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2057.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2076.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2082.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2089.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2109.jpg  

First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2121.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2133.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2134.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2139.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-img_2176.jpg  

First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00419.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00423.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00426.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00431.jpg   First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!-dsc00433.jpg  

Old 09-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi

Old 09-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Senior Members

GREAT WORK!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Contributors

I forgot to mention. The light output is pretty insane I have to say. In terms of visibility, it's easily 2x of before. Probably a combination of additional projectors PLUS clear lenses.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Contributors

Like the idea of the fin. But not sure about the LED behind them though. You see individual light coming through. Looks like Audi lights. Love the dual projectors. Wish I had LCI headlights.

How hard was it to open it back up? I may have to do that since half my inner ring goes in and out.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

One word: Beautiful

Old 09-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

genius simon is my hero
Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Like the idea of the fin. But not sure about the LED behind them though. You see individual light coming through. Looks like Audi lights. Love the dual projectors. Wish I had LCI headlights.

How hard was it to open it back up? I may have to do that since half my inner ring goes in and out.
Yah, I actually went through 5 different designs/set ups, at the end, I have discarded the idea and think if I were to continue, I will be utilizing a switchback system to power the fins instead. As you can see in two pics, I had originally intended to light up each fin by using singular LEDs, unfortunately, due to the length of the top two fins, that didn't work out -- otherwise it actually looked pretty amazing in person.

But yes, the multi LEDs in the fins, that had to go because it looked too Christmas-y to me. Plus with the Orions lit, its brightness is strongly overshadowed by the Orions.

As for opening it back up. It really depends on how you sealed it. I would say mine was quite a handful, and I definitely made new perforations instead of where I plastic soldered because of the silicone, but it can't be avoided. Thankfully, it's my own headlights, so I can deal with it should problem occur. Which I can proudly say no problem at all even after two washes so far

Oh, DK, I thought you did purchase a set of LCI headlights? Isn't that why you bought the LCI eyebrow replacements?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sahiljain22

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
GREAT WORK!

Originally Posted by leese8080
One word: Beautiful

Originally Posted by jg525i
genius simon is my hero
Thanks guys I think a few of you that's friends with on FB already seen some of the pics a few days ago.

Justin, I think I found you on FB, but not quite sure.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Well done Simon !!!

Quick Reply: First and only! Remodded my moded headlights!