E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E61 Sound system modification CCC-->CIC

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 01:30 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: is black
Model Year: 535
Default E61 Sound system modification CCC-->CIC

Hello guys,

After a CIC installation in my 2008/06 535xi E61 LCI, i have very common issue in cars with regular hifi sound system, only 4 speakers working... This is horrible and not acceptable so my next mod gonna be some kind of speakers mod.
I've sent couple PMs but no response so decided to start this thread and ask you guys for some help.
I like Bruce idea to move oem hifi amp behind the glove box and run only front speakers the buying 4ch amp to the trunk and tap rear speakers and woofers...
Second idea is to get ride of oem amp and install 6ch amp in the trunk then reuse oem wires of course. I dont want to mess up with new wires just do this as simple as possible.

I need to find some up to date speaker wire diagram (dont know yet if is any difference between lci and pre-lci)
Need to find full info about oem speakers
Also looking for some suggestions about small amps that i could use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by wooboodoo; 06-18-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:45 AM
New Members

Let's find out first what is what...
To fallow wire diagram we need to know what we are looking for so I decided to make my life easier and print some wire decoder from English to German DIN.
I hope somebody gonna need this in the future...

Old 06-24-2014, 10:56 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535xit
Model Year: 08

Wouldnt the Technic harness make this easier?
Old 06-30-2014, 06:09 AM
New Members

Yes it would be the easiest way but I had problem already to fit PnP emulator behind the cic unit so there's definitely no room for extra plugs...
Also I decided to order jbl MS-8 and additional center speaker...
Now I need to order bunch of wires.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:13 PM
New Members

I decided to buy JBL MS-8 fo fix my sound system issue...
Ordered bunch of wires and some molex connectors, I gonna try to make this mod look OEM
I research internet to find CIC wire diagram but couldn't find anything so ordered latest TIS in hope to find it there.

So far I found E60/61 speaker wire diagram with HIFI (CCC output)

Theres much more threads about 3 series sound system upgrade than 5 series, I found many questions if 3 series speaker wire diagram is the same as 5 series... nope is not.
I gonna try my best to collect in this thread all necessary information to make this mod understandable and easy for anybody who recently upgraded from ccc to cic, are not sound system expert (like me) and want to do it the DIY way.

tbc...
Old 07-15-2014, 10:01 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

i am also almost done researching to fit L7 and NBT...so maybe this can help u ..a bit!

good luck
Attached Thumbnails E61 Sound system modification CCC-->CIC-e60-logic7-amp.jpg   E61 Sound system modification CCC-->CIC-wiring-diagram-l-l7.jpg  
Old 07-16-2014, 09:12 PM
New Members

Thanks for files but Logic 7 is way different than HIFI, wish I have L7 in my car from factory it would save me this mod
Old 07-16-2014, 10:48 PM
New Members

Ok lets talk abbout wiring...

To make this mod nice and clear I decided to order the same wire colors as OEM.
15 foot of each color should be enough to do harness except center speaker which I extended to 18 f.
From factory my car has installed CCC unit with HIFI sound system so I can take wire colors and pin numbers from picture in post #5 right now for connection from MS-8 back to OEM speakers, for connection from CIC unit to MS-8 i gonna double check pin numbers when my TIS gonna arrive but I'll run the same color back and forward for each speaker it gonna help me to avoid mistakes.

Gauge 18:

30f - yellow/green - pin# 3 - front left +
30f - yellow/brown - pin# 7 - front left -

30f - blue/red - pin# 2 - front right +
30f - blue/brown - pin# 6 - front right -

30f - black/red - pin# 4 - rear left +
30f - black/violet - pin# 8 - rear left -

30f - yellow/black - pin# 1 - rear right +
30f - yellow/brown - pin# 5 - rear right -

18f - black/white - center speaker +
18f - black/brown - center speaker -

On woofers wires I gonna concentrate later since my plan is to use OEM amp plug located in the trunk MS-8 to woofers (OEM plug) harness gonna be short, maybe 24"

Some wire sample, more coming friday.

JBL MS-8 speaker output and hi level input plugs are Modular Power Supply 16-Pin Connectors so it gonna look much better to run harness directly to MS-8

2 ordered...

One pair of 4-Pin Motherboard Power Male Connector (male/female... same as MPS 16 pin size) for each speaker

female:

male:

some Gold-Plated ATX / PCI / EPS Connector pins males/females

More stuff coming this week... crimping tool, oem amp plug and pins from tischer bmw and i don't even remember what else

tbc...
Old 07-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

WERE did u order the wiress? i will like to also order OEM colors wires..so it will easy to run to the speakers( i have to run wires from my amp to all speakers( center.front doors..rear doors...rearparcel shelf )

thx u

good luck
Old 07-20-2014, 06:21 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by stel_i79
WERE did u order the wiress? i will like to also order OEM colors wires..so it will easy to run to the speakers( i have to run wires from my amp to all speakers( center.front doors..rear doors...rearparcel shelf )

thx u

good luck

Send an email to Bob at B80884@gmail.com ask him about table with wires colors and GA , you can buy any wire by linear feet... If you want to go OEM then you have to buy 25 meters rolls of each wire which is kinda expensive, but possible if you want OEM part numbers lmk I can help you out.

Quick Reply: E61 Sound system modification CCC-->CIC