E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 LCI to Pre LCI Seat Swap/Retrofit.....Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 09:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 30d, E39 35i
Model Year: 2004, 2001
Engine: M57n
Default E60 LCI to Pre LCI Seat Swap/Retrofit.....Help!

Hoping someone has done this and can help with this one, bear with me as I’ll try and explain best I can…

My e60 is a 04 pre-lci and came equipped with se heated seats, half electric (so manual front/back action) - I bought some LCI sport interior (non-heated, same half electrics) and whilst not heated, were kinda welcomed for the added bolster support

So seats all out, rear swapped fine no issues. Fronts both out, the floor is left with two loom plugs on each side….one larger yellow/black block (controls all the seat actions) and one smaller one (don’t recall the colour now, but presume this is for the heated part)

On the passenger side, I’ve connected just the yellow/black block, left smaller discarded and all seems well – Direct fit

The driver however has brought up a few issues….main one is the Pre-lci has a seat belt pre-tensioner where the belt anchors to the seats whereas the LCI doesn’t (LCI isnt fitted with this)

Attached a visual if you haven’t seen it, bottom pole thingy on pic is the belt tensioner (upper and lower belt anchors are fixed to chassis)….the pre-lci seat loom has a plug that would have gone into this

No biggie I thought, physical seat rails from the Pre-lci and lci are the same size, bar the pre-lci having an additional bracket for the tensioner…so I swapped out the rail to house me tensioner

It will physically fit fine but the LCI trim on side of seat needs a little trimming otherwise will hit the tensioner when seat goes into the lowest incline position

The problem is the LCI seat has a tensioner on the seat belt release side, where as my old one doesn’t. I thought it might be case of just unplugging this and plugging it into my tensioner but plugs are different L

Where I’m at now…

I’ve left the LCI seat loom as it is (so that tensioner still plugged in to the seatbelt release), I have me original tensioner bolted in place, but currently unplugged…the yellow/black loom is plugged into the seat (the other original little connector, presume heated left unplugged)

I have full control of seat movement electrics, but the car is showing a restraint/airbag warning as presume looking for my tensioner….

Sigh…this is where I’m a bit lost on what to do, can anyone help?