E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

choices of coilovers for 545i?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 10:20 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005
Default choices of coilovers for 545i?

I've been looking into getting some coilovers and seeing a few out there, so I would like those that have some real feed back to please check in.

What I'm looking for is a nice set for the street and almost stock ride quality, a bit stiffer is ok, but not bone jawing. I know mostly everyone will say go with KW V3, but I think by now there should be other choices out there that won't be in the 3k dollar figures.

I'm aware of these brands so far, so give me any feedback if you've installed/own a set :

- KW
- ST (same as kw v1)
- bc
- cks
- d2
- JRZ

Any other brands that you guys would recommend? My budget is about 1k-1500, depending on what I'm getting, but not trying to make it an all track drift machine.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:31 AM
New Members

Model Year: 2010

At that budget stay away from KW & ST (have had both brands).. Depending on how low you want to go. Those 2 brands tend to be bouncy.

BC BR are pretty nice, I have those currently on 2 cars and they are pretty good (as for as going low and the bouncy ride). Anytime you have damper adjustable it's always a plus. Within your budget.

D2's Are also nice as well. Have that installed on a 99 CLK, and this car is extremely low. Still a smooth ride. Also within your budget.

Currently have KW V1's (regretting it), installed on my E60.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by myxyzxo
At that budget stay away from KW & ST (have had both brands).. Depending on how low you want to go. Those 2 brands tend to be bouncy.

BC BR are pretty nice, I have those currently on 2 cars and they are pretty good (as for as going low and the bouncy ride). Anytime you have damper adjustable it's always a plus. Within your budget.

D2's Are also nice as well. Have that installed on a 99 CLK, and this car is extremely low. Still a smooth ride. Also within your budget.

Currently have KW V1's (regretting it), installed on my E60.
Thanks myxyzxo, this is good info here. I was reading more about people pairing up a set with swift springs. Does anyone have a set paired with swift's, could you please let me know if they are worth it?
Old 04-13-2015, 05:06 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Well if you up your budget a little get a set of V2's. When you get V1's or ST's they have no dampening adjustments so you're stuck with that ride characteristics. They are still good CO's and are a good budget option. Ride qualIty is subjective and going from a non-sport suspension to a CO will feel bouncy. Well if you want to actually feel how the V2's feel let me know since I'm down at Santana Row all the time.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:39 AM
New Members

Model Year: 2010

OP, curious do you have rims on your car now? If not are you planning to get some?
Old 04-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by myxyzxo
OP, curious do you have rims on your car now? If not are you planning to get some?
I'm currently running a set of OEM M5 166 wheels and probably just stick with them. I want to lower the back a bit to even out the car.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Go with CKS w/ SWIFT Springs. You'll love the ride. PM me for pricing
Old 04-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

I am also looking for coilovers for my 535i. I want something under $1000. I just want to make sure they won't fall apart on me after a year or rust. They have to have at least a decent ride, not asking for much here but i dont want it to feel like i am riding on busted shocks and lowering springs.

its about to go into the shop to get an m5 kit and 19in wheels

probably a good idea i do coilovers at the same time.

i was thinking about making my own thread but just saw yours.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:11 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by seven11
I am also looking for coilovers for my 535i. I want something under $1000. I just want to make sure they won't fall apart on me after a year or rust. They have to have at least a decent ride, not asking for much here but i dont want it to feel like i am riding on busted shocks and lowering springs.

its about to go into the shop to get an m5 kit and 19in wheels

probably a good idea i do coilovers at the same time.

i was thinking about making my own thread but just saw yours.
I don't think you'll be able to find something for under 1k that will last a long time and ride as well. PM me or call me 714-914-4446 and I can get you more details. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
I don't think you'll be able to find something for under 1k that will last a long time and ride as well. PM me or call me 714-914-4446 and I can get you more details. Thanks.
you sent me a quote for your coilovers for over $2000, if thats what you are trying to tell me, i am not interested. i can add a a couple hundred $ and get a KW v3's.

but if you have something else in mind, just post here. no need to PM.

I dont mind spending money on good parts, i had KW V3s on my s2000 last year. But this car is not worth of getting $2500 coilovers. If i was planning on spending that much on coils i would have bought a different car.

Quick Reply: choices of coilovers for 545i?