E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Chadillac2000's 2008 BMW 535i Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 04:34 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: na

Awesome write up, this build looks great.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:27 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the chance to grab another video of the current sound with the JB4, DCI and catless DPs. I drove around today looking for a side road to do some moving and WOT videos, but no luck. Once I have the E85 backend flash and add more E85 to the equation, I'll be sure to get some more.

Last edited by chadillac2000; 03-28-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:15 AM
New Members

After installing my Fuel-It! Stage 2 upgrade, I was interested in upping my E85 concentrations and running one of the back end flashes. I secured a battery charger, a windows computer, and once my BT Cable arrived, I was ready to go.

I caught a bit of a snag when the BB software identified my ECU as the 0IJC0S software, but after some quick searching I discovered that this software accepts the MSD81 flash. Initial read took about 80 minutes.

Read complete:

Made a copy of my original BIN everywhere. Sent one to my emails, saved a few on the desktop, and loaded a few into Google Drive. Then cued up the RACE flash (I may get the E85 and 60%+ concentrations here shortly, but want to make sure everything is operatingly smoothly with the RACE flash first).

19 minutes later and the flash was complete:

Using the ethanol tester provided by Fuel-It!, I tested some of the E85 I had picked up on my way home from work the past week and it was indeed still the summer blend. E85 and not E70. If you look closely, you can see the clarity stopping around the E85 mark on the tube.

Had about a half of tank of 93 octane, and added 5 gallons of E85 to start.

Took it out for the first spin and unfortunately encountered a misfire code: 29CF Misfirings, Cylinder 3. I changed the plugs about 2,000 miles ago, and the coils have about 130,000 miles of usage on them, so I'm leaning towards installing six new coils to fix this issue and avoid any in the future.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:41 PM
New Members

I had to wait an extra day for my new coils from ECS to arrive, but the wait was well worth the quick fix.

It only took about 15 minutes to change all 6 coils. And problem solved. After changing all my coils and changing to the 4/2 option I was able to hold boost in each map -- as little as 8 in map 4 and as much as 16-18 in map 5. Car runs flawlessly all the way to redline. I'm probably running around E25 right now so I'll get some logs, make sure everything is kosher, and then start upping the ethanol concentration. Running half E85 and half 93 will be the ultimate goal. Now that my injectors, lpfp, plugs and coils are all relatively new, hopefully the misfires will get lost for a while.

A intake valve cleaning and some other miscellaneous maintenance items should keep me tied over for the foreseeable future. Logs coming soon! Until then...

Old 04-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

you are pretty much doing everything i want to do

i already have the JB5 G5 ISO, vrsf dp's and intakes.

i want a 7in intercooler and the fuel it stg2 pump and an e85 backend.

but i am hesitating on the Fuel Pump and e85 backend as i run 91 most of the time but also have an e85 station that i go to a few times a month and would hate to switch the backends all the time.

and now a cop car hit my 535i while it was parked. So this is the perfect time to get a new M bumper courtesy of San Francisco PD and i am pretty sure i am gonna do an M rear bumper at the same time with a custom QUAD exhaust. And after all that the car is gonna look really weird with stock wheels and suspension height. So its gonna snowball into getting new wheels and coilovers.
Old 04-05-2015, 04:12 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: na

Originally Posted by seven11

and now a cop car hit my 535i while it was parked. So this is the perfect time to get a new M bumper courtesy of San Francisco PD and i am pretty sure i am gonna do an M rear bumper at the same time with a custom QUAD exhaust. And after all that the car is gonna look really weird with stock wheels and suspension height. So its gonna snowball into getting new wheels and coilovers.

So much truth here. I got mtech front bumper + side skirts.... Within these next few weeks I'll have the rear bumper... Can't have stock rims with m sport. Soon they'll be VMR and I'll nit pick and probably lower it at some point. Then I'll get sick of that and go for quad setup.. I'll probably do a little shopping and check out M5 prices... and what do you know there in the 20k region.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm better off with drugs
Old 04-05-2015, 04:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BesE60
So much truth here. I got mtech front bumper + side skirts.... Within these next few weeks I'll have the rear bumper... Can't have stock rims with m sport. Soon they'll be VMR and I'll nit pick and probably lower it at some point. Then I'll get sick of that and go for quad setup.. I'll probably do a little shopping and check out M5 prices... and what do you know there in the 20k region.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm better off with drugs
2 of my friends have all the stuff i need

one has all the m5 body panels. bumpers mirrors fenders

and the other has 19" 3pcs wheels

now just need to lowball them
Old 04-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Members

and i dont know if you have a 535i but chadillac2000's 535i is probably putting down same or little a more hp and a LOT more tq than an E60 M5. He is probably around 420whp and close to 500wtq with that e50 BackEnd flash.

Only thing he is missing is the Limited Slip but thats doable now for $1000 plus install.

ok maybe there are other parts that make an M5 much more special than a modded 535i.

major ones are SMG, brakes, suspension, body parts.

but still there is something special about having a sleeper and surprising other car owners.

Last edited by seven11; 04-05-2015 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: E61 with all the mods
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by seven11
and i dont know if you have a 535i but chadillac2000's 535i is probably putting down same or little a more hp and a LOT more tq than an E60 M5. He is probably around 420whp and close to 500wtq with that e50 BackEnd flash.

Only thing he is missing is the Limited Slip but thats doable now for $1000 plus install.

ok maybe there are other parts that make an M5 much more special than a modded 535i.

major ones are SMG, brakes, suspension, body parts.

but still there is something special about having a sleeper and surprising other car owners.
Not sure how great the SMG is in comparison to the 6AT+SAT (I honestly don't know) all I do know is I didn't care for my buddies SMG M6, really harsh and slow shifts, not sure if there is newer/better flashes available for it. 6MT is the way to go unless you want 1/4 mile glory.

M5 brakes are a direct swap in the front and require M5 hubs in the rear, kits can be sourced relatively inexpensively relative to BBKs.

Suspension, just get coilovers throw in some sways and braces and you are good to go, if you really want to get it on point take your car to a shop that does alignments and tuning for track cars.

The biggest functional advantage for the body panels are the front fenders allow for +10 m clearance each side over stock, it made all the difference for me and my front wheel fitment but I was able to stuff some 19x9.5s up front on stock fenders with a roll and slight pull.

There is something special about the cohesive package of an M-car that is hard to replicate even with an abundance of modifications on the "regular" car, that being said I am confident one could build a highly capable sleeper that would hold it's own.

Evan
Old 04-06-2015, 10:30 AM
New Members

I agree with you fellas, the Mtech & M5 body components look much better than the OEM 535i parts, but aren't really worth it to me. My car has 130,000 miles on it, is my daily driver, and I'll probably only own it for a few more years before moving on to something else. At this point, I'm completely content with its current sleeper status and barring turbo failure or more maintenance/repair work where upgrading would be better than replacing, I'm very happy with the current power output. With the wheels, spacers, rear spoiler and FMIC, the car looks good enough to me and I'm fairly positive would pull on any V10 equipped M5/M6. I've been in love with the E60 M5 since its release, but with all the extractable power of the N54, I probably wouldn't mess around with looking into owning a pre-owned V10.

I'll probably upgrade the suspension at some point this spring/summer, but probably won't invest in coils. Years back I had a full TC Kline double adjustable coilover setup in my E46 M3, and yes, it was incredible through the twisties, but wasn't worth the rough ride as a daily. With this being a 5 series, a nice set of Koni shocks and a set of springs that give me a subtle drop should do the trick.

Quick Reply: Chadillac2000's 2008 BMW 535i Build Thread