Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > E60 5 Series (2004 - 2010) > E60 Parts, Accessories and Mods
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
Senior Members

Thanks everybody for all the help and information about the M-kit over the last few weeks - I couldn't have done it without you!

I have picked up my painted front bumper from the shop today at 7pm, and started work at around 7:40. With short breaks, all work was done by 9:50 pm, including cleanup of the garage and puttig wheels on.

Taking stock bumper off was super easy - few bolts and clips, and its off:
Click the image to open in full size.

Then I assembled the M bumper - lots of guess work, and lots of time lost - I will assemble it 5 times faster if I'm to do another one:

Final assembly was the hardest part, airducts take a lot of fitting work, and bumper install itself is tricky if ou work alone like I did. But all in all - not too hard. Side skirts next!

Thanks all!
Alex
===============
Retired:
E36/7 2000 Z3 2.3 Impala Brown/Brown Classic Leather/Black Top, Premium & Sport Packages, Chrome Trim, Harman Kardon Sound Package, Clear Turn Signals, Zimmermann X-drilled Front and Rear Rotors, Mintex Pads, HMS Strut Brace, Dension Ice>Link & iPod
E36/7 2002 Z3 2.5 Titanium Silver/Black Classic Leather/Black Top, Premium & Sport Packages, Harman Kardon Sound Package, Clear Turn Signals, KVR Performance X-drilled Front and Rear Rotors, Fuzion ZRi on Style #42, HMS Strut Brace, Dension Ice>Link & iPod
E60 2004 530i Titanium Silver/Black Dakota Leather, Sport, Premium & Smoker's Packages, Moonroof, Xenons w/Adaptive Headlights, Active Steering, White Turn Signals, M-Technik kit
TexaZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Members

Great job!
Show us pics of the side skirt install as well.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:47 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Looks good TexaZ3! Glad to see those .pdf pages sitting on the ground -- hope they helped you out...
2011 550i in Alpine White/Venetian Beige Dakota Leather/Light Wood Trim with: M-Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Active Ventilated Seat Package, Convenience Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package 2, Integral Active Steering, Ski Bag, Split Fold-Down Rear Seats, 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control, Side and Top View Cameras, Head-up Display, Smartphone Integration, Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection, and Combox Controller. (In other words, I got everything except x-Drive and the Rear Seat Entertainment System...) Build completed October 6, 2010. Current software version = F010-10-09-522 (ISTA version 2.39.4)
2008 Alpine White 550i SAT & 2004 Alpine White 545i SMG -- gone but not forgotten!

Miss you JDN!
Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
Members

Send a message via AIM to millhouse24

thats some impressive work
Old 08-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Members

That garage looks like a livingroom, You're spoiling yor E60
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:57 PM   #6
Contributors

Nice job!

May I ask how much does it cost for painting the whole kit?
my530i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #7
Contributors

Great job
BMW 530I (258ps)MPack -05M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather, shadow line, run flats on ?M135-style? rims (Bridgestone), Msports steering wheel, Msport suspension, dark poplar trim, cruise control,Bixenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with memory function, advanced A/C, sliding armrest, nav pro, hifi, cd, mp3,rear heated seats, power rear sunshades, manuell sunshades in backdoors, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, nosmoking package, fold down rear seats, ski bag, cup holders, debadged, spare tire, all weather carpets, black M-carpets. Winter tires M135 with Conti TS 810S in 245-40-18 97W ! Cip24

Mods: M5 trunk lid finisher, crome grill OEM
Upcoming mods: 19" wheels and Eibach prokit, M5 mirror, M trunkspoiler, Carbontrim window, Exhaust tips
wowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #8
Senior Members

congrats great job
Delivered:13 November
530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof
530i_msport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:35 AM   #9
Senior Members

Thanks everybody.
Rudy, pdf's sure did help, there were couple of moments were I had no idea how to proceed, plus they show locations of all the screws and clips to be removed. They are not really useful for installation, but sure useful for removal of stuff.
Fred, I paid $800 to paint the whole kit - $200 per panel x 4. Not bad, and quality of paint is top notch. All in all, this turns to be a lot less expensive mod that I thought it would be: Crevier BMW quoted me M-kit at $1295 but asked $300 for shipping - I went ot my local dealer and they matched the price! Even with 8.25% tax it was still less $$ and less hassle.
Will post you on the progress.
Thanks.
===============
Retired:
E36/7 2000 Z3 2.3 Impala Brown/Brown Classic Leather/Black Top, Premium & Sport Packages, Chrome Trim, Harman Kardon Sound Package, Clear Turn Signals, Zimmermann X-drilled Front and Rear Rotors, Mintex Pads, HMS Strut Brace, Dension Ice>Link & iPod
E36/7 2002 Z3 2.5 Titanium Silver/Black Classic Leather/Black Top, Premium & Sport Packages, Harman Kardon Sound Package, Clear Turn Signals, KVR Performance X-drilled Front and Rear Rotors, Fuzion ZRi on Style #42, HMS Strut Brace, Dension Ice>Link & iPod
E60 2004 530i Titanium Silver/Black Dakota Leather, Sport, Premium & Smoker's Packages, Moonroof, Xenons w/Adaptive Headlights, Active Steering, White Turn Signals, M-Technik kit
TexaZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:10 AM   #10
Members

Send a message via AIM to singhss

Damn dude, that takes some cajones to take all that apart in your garage on your own. The end result is fantastic, your car looks so hott!

I may have to hit u up later since I may do the same..
Old 08-26-2006, 07:10 AM