E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

AA header install

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 03:48 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007
Default AA header install

Hi forum, finally registered,like I should have had a year ago when I bought her,the mods are still coming. So I bought a set of used headers by aa and I'm looking for input on any installs. I haven't found any info on either sites about this, Is there anyone out there running these on there girl? If so,can you share your experience? Thank you and I'm looking forward in sharing my retro installs.
Old 06-25-2016, 02:23 AM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Default Header install

Originally Posted by JuniorB
Hi forum, finally registered,like I should have had a year ago when I bought her,the mods are still coming. So I bought a set of used headers by aa and I'm looking for input on any installs. I haven't found any info on either sites about this, Is there anyone out there running these on there girl? If so,can you share your experience? Thank you and I'm looking forward in sharing my retro installs.
Just an update,I'm still looking for options for midpipes,but,I'm so interested in a rear mount oil less turbo set up. So it may be all custom, so many possibilitys,this motor has high hopes.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Rear mount turbo?? Really?

I saw a pic of one on an IS-F and wondered who is desperate enough for power to have stuff hanging under the car like that? Not to mention the possibility of scraping it and messing something up.

Its your money though, if you do it make sure to post pics. I'm sure you'll be the first to do something like this and there's something to be said about blazing your own trail.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:03 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530i

I was looking into this for a while my self, as I have an m54 and was trying to find anything that would give me some type of performance gains lol. unfortunately couldn't find anything, and anything I did find told me not to do it and that it was way to much work. apparently access to the bolts for the manifold and headers are in an impossible spot to reach located underneath the engine and would require removal of engine mounts, lifting the engine, some work with the sub frame. all in all it was quite depressing research lol! but if u manage to get something rolling I beg you to make a thread or tutorial on your install.

on a side note tho. im looking to get a electric supercharger going one of these days, estimating 15 seconds of continuous boost with no need for an intercooler.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:22 PM
New Members

HI,my engine is the n52, it sounds like you have the m54. Both manifold r+r should be the same,but I will do a full start to finish on this upgrade. I haven't done it as I'm finishing my nitrous install. I'm also trying to figure out if I can use a n54 dp fix as they call it,it prevents the check engine light. I also have to modify my midpipes to the 3 series,the collectors are clocked different. So far it looks like I may use a set of ss e90 pipes and modify to fit my exhaust. I only want to do this once so I'm looking into what I may be doing in the future to the car. It's been said that headers are one of the best upgrades to do to this car. I'm also looking into doing a rear mount turbo set up. I've done so much to this car so far and plan on keeping it for a while .
Old 07-23-2016, 03:27 AM
New Members

HI,my engine is the n52, it sounds like you have the m54. Both manifold r+r should be the same,but I will do a full start to finish on this upgrade. I haven't done it as I'm finishing my nitrous install. I'm also trying to figure out if I can use a n54 dp fix as they call it,it prevents the check engine light. I also have to modify my midpipes to the 3 series,the collectors are clocked different. So far it looks like I may use a set of ss e90 pipes and modify to fit my exhaust. I only want to do this once so I'm looking into what I may be doing in the future to the car. It's been said that headers are one of the best upgrades to do to this car. I'm also looking into doing a rear mount turbo set up. I've done so much to this car so far and plan on keeping it for a while .
Just an update,I bought a set of oem e90 midpipes for this project,I feel that thaw may be the cheaper way out as supposed I'm building a whole new exhaust, this is going to be a night and day differences. Its coming along,the zex nitrous kit is done!
Old 08-08-2016, 04:34 PM
New Members

On a side note,my nitrous kit is up and running I'm going to mock up the e90 midpipes and see were i need to start,this may be a first aa headers in a e60!