E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

545i Muffler Delete - Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 07:34 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545i 6 speed
Model Year: 2004
Thumbs up 545i Muffler Delete - Video

Hey guys, I made a little video driving my car and showing what it sounds like with no mufflers (
). I got the two canister mufflers removed in the rear of the car and replaced with a straight pipe and some tips, it sounds amazing and honestly, the video doesn't do it proper justice since im only using the gopro mic. Once i get an external mic ill make another video showing what the car sounds like at WOT.
enjoy!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Bit of a story I'm about to type but it helps with my review of a muffler delete vs aftermarket exhaust.

I recently had the bilstein b12 pro kit suspension put on the car which lower it an inch all around. When backing into my driveway the car bottom out, knocking the clamp loose that was holding on my RPI exhaust, so basically my exhaust ending a little after the resonators. I didn't realize until I went to drive again in the afternoon and it sounded louder, and IMO more like an American V8 with the gargles. It also seemed to have a lot more resonance in the car, I have two car seats in the back and they were vibrating almost constantly. Personally I didn't like it and took it to Midas first thing in the morning to get the clamp welded into place, I threw away the stock exhaust years ago anyway.

Since sound is a personal preference kind of thing and some people don't want to spend $1k on a muffler, which that is all RPI is, I can understand those that would just do a delete and a straight pipe. My personal preference is I prefer the smooth kind of sound you get from RPI over a delete. At the end of the day we both have better than stock sounding car and that's whats important.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 545i 6 speed
Model Year: 2004

The muffler delete was just a cheap alternative to getting an actual exhaust system on my car, I went with it because im not planning on keeping the car for very long, and it still sounds good. But yea im lookng to get another car in a year maybe, and ill get an actual system for that.
thinking of M5, 335i, c63 amg, idk at this point