E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

[Review] eBay M5 Replica Bumper

Old 03-03-2016, 07:10 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi

Great write up! Thanks for sharing and looks really nice.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 1997 BMW M3 Black

Have to agree with all the other members, looks great ! Thanks for sharing, definitely helpful material.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:42 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by RockChalkKU
Too bad they're out of stock. I'd like to get an Mtech rear at the same time if they did that! Are you still in contact with the company?
@RockChalkKu Looks like they only have the non PDC version in stock currently:

BMW E60 5 Series 08 09 w O PDC M5 Style Front Bumper Cover Clear Fog Lights | eBay

You could always get this, and pay a bit more to have the shop drill holes for you. An experienced shop should have no problem doing this.

Thanks for the feedback everyone else
Old 03-09-2016, 07:11 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 535xi

I emailed the seller and LCI bumpers with PDC holes pre-drilled won't be available for "at least" 6-8 weeks....
Old 09-22-2016, 01:54 PM
New Members

My Ride: 08 535i
Model Year: 2008

I wonder how it compares to the bumpers umnitza sells
Old 10-04-2016, 11:12 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by ifarted
I wonder how it compares to the bumpers umnitza sells
To my knowledge, there are really only two suppliers of these rep bumpers. One factory in Shenzhen, China, and the other in Taipei, Taiwan. The ebay one and the one I bought are the former.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5

There are 3 factories that make them now.

The ones in Taiwan are the only ones we're willing to sell because of quality of material, durability, etc.

We are aware of some of the eBay ones being shipped through back channels at reduced prices and we're definitely working with the factory to see how we can offset this issue, however, it is true that the "hit and miss" nature of eBay and the tight margins will generally lead vendors to use the same photos of the Taiwan unit and still sell you the cheaper material with recycled plastics of the China one.

YMMV - Give us a call if you have questions.

PS: as a way to give you more value for your money, we offer to prepaint all our bumpers to be delivered ready to install.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:45 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by umnitza
There are 3 factories that make them now.

The ones in Taiwan are the only ones we're willing to sell because of quality of material, durability, etc.

We are aware of some of the eBay ones being shipped through back channels at reduced prices and we're definitely working with the factory to see how we can offset this issue, however, it is true that the "hit and miss" nature of eBay and the tight margins will generally lead vendors to use the same photos of the Taiwan unit and still sell you the cheaper material with recycled plastics of the China one.

YMMV - Give us a call if you have questions.

PS: as a way to give you more value for your money, we offer to prepaint all our bumpers to be delivered ready to install.
You make them sound so sketchy lol, this isn't the black market.

I bought the same product you sell on your website for 1/2 to 1/3 of the price and got it shipped fast and freely opposed to your bottom of the barrel greyhound delivery. Overall I had a dramatically better experience than the vast majority of reviewers of your service.

Please do not try to poke holes in my experience to try to win back business that you frankly don't deserve.

Cheers
Old 10-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5

Originally Posted by aqualibrium
You make them sound so sketchy lol, this isn't the black market.

I bought the same product you sell on your website for 1/2 to 1/3 of the price and got it shipped fast and freely opposed to your bottom of the barrel greyhound delivery. Overall I had a dramatically better experience than the vast majority of reviewers of your service.

Please do not try to poke holes in my experience to try to win back business that you frankly don't deserve.

Cheers
They are sketchy but not all. Its not always a guarantee.

And get some facts:
we haven't used greyhound in over 4 years!
Our bumpers are about 1/3rd more in some but not all cases...not even close to a half.
Our bumpers always come from one factory.

Ps: we pay to support this forum

Pps: you paid about $790 painted and installed. Our price is $250 paint $275 bumper + $127 door to door...so $650 ish and you can follow our diy video

Last edited by umnitza; 10-09-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: 08 535i

Originally Posted by umnitza
They are sketchy but not all. Its not always a guarantee.

And get some facts:
we haven't used greyhound in over 4 years!
Our bumpers are about 1/3rd more in some but not all cases...not even close to a half.
Our bumpers always come from one factory.

Ps: we pay to support this forum

Pps: you paid about $790 painted and installed. Our price is $250 paint $275 bumper + $127 door to door...so $650 ish and you can follow our diy video
275 for the bumper??? It shows 329.99 on your site

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Review] eBay M5 Replica Bumper