E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Need Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 09:28 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2009
Question Need Help !!!

Hey guys/gals i am new to the site and to BMW. I have to ask my remote is working but I have to be very close to the car for it to work. I was going to change the battery and watched videos to do so, but I don't have the opening that the videos are showing. So what do I do? Get a new remote or what, I have a 06 M5 and I hate things not working the way they should so I need your help.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can, try comparing the signal strength of your key against a known good key using a radio receiver:

Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 PM
New Members

I only have one key. Should I just take it to the BMW dealer or get a new one from ebay? Like I said I am new to BMW its my wife's car I drive a 03 Cobra and I know alot about that car. She is driving me crazy to get this fixed asap cause she loves her new car...lol
Old 04-12-2014, 09:40 PM
New Members

Oh West I love them rims on that photo at bottom of ur post, who makes those and what size? Is ur car lowered?
Old 04-12-2014, 11:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by another_hero
I only have one key. Should I just take it to the BMW dealer or get a new one from ebay? Like I said I am new to BMW its my wife's car I drive a 03 Cobra and I know alot about that car. She is driving me crazy to get this fixed asap cause she loves her new car...lol
Maybe a neighbor or friend has a similar key? You can get a key from ebay, and assuming it's the comfort access key, you will also need to acquire a HiTag programmer so you can program it. I believe you can get those for around $100 from overseas websites. Even with the programmer, you'll need the 48-bit secret key embedded on your original fob before you can clone it. You might have to get creative there. Yeah, unless you're in to DIY, an authorized repair shop might be a good bet.

Originally Posted by another_hero
Oh West I love them rims on that photo at bottom of ur post, who makes those and what size? Is ur car lowered?
Thank you. HRE Wheels. Model is 890R. The diameter is 21". Car has coilovers, however in that photo the coilovers were set to just a hair lower than factory ride height.

Last edited by west; 04-12-2014 at 11:35 PM.