E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Humbled

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: december 2011 525d SE

Just Thought I would let you know how humbled I was today.
On my commute to the shops today I was hurrying along the dual carriageway feeling rather smug overtaking everyone in my E61 525D when I looked into my mirror to see a blue beast bearing down on me at a great rate of knotts. I obligingly got out of the way and let the beautiful 58 plated M5 past..I didnt get a chance to see the driver as they went past so quickly..
10 minutes later I pulled into my local supermarket and saw the M5 parked up so I parked next to it admmitedly drooling at its looks and hoping for some of the kudos to rub on to mine, and went off shopping...
After 30 minutes I was back at my car loading the back up when an elderly lady, I would say well in to her late 70's, pushed her shopping trolley between my car & the M5..Great I thought here comes another trolley ding on my car should I just help her on her way with my foot up her Rear and get her past the cars..
Then to my utter amazement proceeded to unlock the car as if by magic and put her shopping on the back seat!
She obviously saw me standing there with my jaw dropped and the saliva running down to my chin as she smiled and said "pretty isn't it"
I made some noises that I dont even think were part of the Human Language and nodded my head..
"I only bought it because it goes quite quickly" she said
Well what could I say!
"my Husband doesnt like it and drives the vw golf weve got" she went on to say, "But I always wanted something a bit special"
I had by now regained some form of composure and agreed that it was something special alright and told her how amazing the car looked..
She Agreed that it looked amazing but she just wished that she had somewhere special to go so she could "Really Drive it Properly" as she only went out twice a week to go shopping and as the return trip was only sixteen miles she "Didn't Think she was doing the car Justice as she knows it can go pretty quick"..
I agreed with her..
She Then got in her car said "see you again"and was off..
I must have stood there for at least another 15 seconds totally taken back by the Speed Demon Granny!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Contributors

For Sale: BMW M5 loaded - driven by a little old lady to church on Sunday....
Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Too funny, and what a character too!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You should have offered to help her "do some justice" to the car -- don't know about you but I personally belive that helping the elderly is something we all should do a bit more of!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F10 M5 DMS RE-MAP 770BHP All Black

Originally Posted by fifthinarow' post='802637' date='Feb 26 2009, 05:58 PM
Just Thought I would let you know how humbled I was today.
On my commute to the shops today I was hurrying along the dual carriageway feeling rather smug overtaking everyone in my E61 525D when I looked into my mirror to see a blue beast bearing down on me at a great rate of knotts. I obligingly got out of the way and let the beautiful 58 plated M5 past..I didnt get a chance to see the driver as they went past so quickly..
10 minutes later I pulled into my local supermarket and saw the M5 parked up so I parked next to it admmitedly drooling at its looks and hoping for some of the kudos to rub on to mine, and went off shopping...
After 30 minutes I was back at my car loading the back up when an elderly lady, I would say well in to her late 70's, pushed her shopping trolley between my car & the M5..Great I thought here comes another trolley ding on my car should I just help her on her way with my foot up her Rear and get her past the cars..
Then to my utter amazement proceeded to unlock the car as if by magic and put her shopping on the back seat!
She obviously saw me standing there with my jaw dropped and the saliva running down to my chin as she smiled and said "pretty isn't it"
I made some noises that I dont even think were part of the Human Language and nodded my head..
"I only bought it because it goes quite quickly" she said
Well what could I say!
"my Husband doesnt like it and drives the vw golf weve got" she went on to say, "But I always wanted something a bit special"
I had by now regained some form of composure and agreed that it was something special alright and told her how amazing the car looked..
She Agreed that it looked amazing but she just wished that she had somewhere special to go so she could "Really Drive it Properly" as she only went out twice a week to go shopping and as the return trip was only sixteen miles she "Didn't Think she was doing the car Justice as she knows it can go pretty quick"..
I agreed with her..
She Then got in her car said "see you again"and was off..
I must have stood there for at least another 15 seconds totally taken back by the Speed Demon Granny!
Great story, not quite as old as the "dear old lady" but we "oldies (51 yesterday)" do like to give the old M5 a run for its money!!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

Truly amazing story I'd have thought that the car was her son's and she just got it out to the supermarket. But actually buying the car for herself and wanting to do "justice" to it is unheard of from a 70 year old lady!
Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Awesome story! Reminded me of the day I encountered a lady, also in her mid to late 70s, who parked next to me in her new Honda Accord EX V6 coupe. I complimented her on how nice she kept her car (since I'm also a Honda fan) and my jaw dropped when I noticed in the center console was a shifter labeled 1-2-3-4-5-6-R and not the expected PRNDL.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Awesome story!!!

In her 70's??? That is incredible. I want her as my Grandma.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by BMW M5' post='802857' date='Feb 26 2009, 11:53 PM
Great story, not quite as old as the "dear old lady" but we "oldies (51 yesterday)" do like to give the old M5 a run for its money!!
A belated happy birthday to you!!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='803120' date='Feb 27 2009, 12:51 PM
Awesome story!!!

In her 70's??? That is incredible. I want her as my Grandma.
GrandMa ... I'll be happy to be her live-in (After all, they don't tell, they don't swell, and they're greatful as h_ll! )

Quick Reply: Humbled