E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
Thats not the point, I am a careful driver, and I am not proud of it, just wanted to tell u my experiance. + I checked first before I started if there are kids or not. I have control on the M5, I am very carefull. About the 18 part, I dont do this everyday, I just wanted to try something new. Tell me this.... Whats the point of buying an M5? to drive as a daily driver and feeling like u are 70 years old? you could just buy a 525i and thats it. People buy the M5 for its power, so they can use it time to time and enjoy the car and its power. I think, buying an M5 and not using it as a sport sedan is lame... that means you buy it only for show off , show that you are the best, which is very cocky in my point of view. If you buy a sports car, than you gotta use the damn thing time to time, but being careful with it as well.
Buddy... i think you are terribly misguided here...You just finished mentioning how you cannot stop racing this thing, and that you raced a AMG63 the other day, but then turn around and say you dont do this everyday. I don't believe you.

The fact that you knowingly pulled into a subdivision and did this, is just downright stupid. You may THINK that your an experienced driver with having driven that CR-V before this car, but lets be honest. You have had your M5 for 2 weeks and your talking about racing/speeding in subdivisions and how you cant stop!! Scary thought.

Your dad being a rally driver or not.. i doubt he would approve of such acts.Take it to the track before you hurt yourself, or more importantly some innocent bystandard that walks on the street to gab his/her toy and gets hit my a kid driving a car he's not responsible in. This isnt a CR-V buddy, its a 510hp supercar.

FYI: Racing and things like this, from my experience, are not much liked on these forums. :thumbsdown:

Be safe
Old 03-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

yea thats the difference... if you were on a track or closed field i would be cheering you on. keep the stupidity off the streets, on the track you can act as foolish as you want. even the highway is better then neighborhood streets.

we are just warning you for your own good, since we've seen what happens. i'm 24 and i can't tell you how many friends i've lost to bike/auto accidents that involved racing. don't be another statistic, we want you to enjoy the car as much as possible safely. just be careful, a car can ruin the rest of your life if you take it for granted
Old 03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by skelevirus
How about this rocket scientist, take your baby to the track. Go as fast as u want
+1. Here's the thing, nobody is saying that you CAN'T go fast in your M5. Do it somewhere safe, like on the track. Sure you can say that you looked and made sure there was nobody around, but understand this: that's not a controlled environment. Who's to say that a kid couldn't have ran out in the middle of street, or say just appeared out of nowhere?

Or if we want to nitpick, what if a dog (which obviously is smaller and runs faster than a child) dashes across the street? Yah, good luck explaining that to a child to why you decided to send a dog to heaven by hitting it at 140 with over two tons of metal.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
+1. Here's the thing, nobody is saying that you CAN'T go fast in your M5. Do it somewhere safe, like on the track. Sure you can say that you looked and made sure there was nobody around, but understand this: that's not a controlled environment. Who's to say that a kid couldn't have ran out in the middle of street, or say just appeared out of nowhere?

Or if we want to nitpick, what if a dog (which obviously is smaller and runs faster than a child) dashes across the street? Yah, good luck explaining that to a child to why you decided to send a dog to heaven by hitting it at 140 with over two tons of metal.
ahahah 2 tons with 5 grand worth of damage..
Old 03-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Contributors

What I meant in "cant stop racing this thing" I meant, if somebody wants to pull a race like that AMG I would do it, but I am not one of those drivers that as soon as I sit in this car, I obay the laws and race on the streets every second. I love racing this thing, when I need to thats it. Most of the time, I drive it like any other car on the road. + as I said before, I am a careful driver, I dont pull that shit like I did everyday :S onyl when I see I have an opportunity but not even. In those 2 weeks that I had my M5 I think I raced it only 3 or 4 times. " I cant stop racing this car" again, only if somebody will race against me, thats when I take a risk. Skele : I dont need a race track, I dont need speed and agression so badly like other drivers do.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Contributors

I am sure it'll be more than that, especially if he hits a kid. Or a lawyer. If they don't die.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Contributors

Guys, I agree with you and I dont even want to argue about it. I did a little stupid thing ( lets call it a BIG stupid thing) and thats it. I am sure all of you had the same thing before and took that chance.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 525i

Thats not the point, I am a careful driver, and I am not proud of it, just wanted to tell u my experiance. + I checked first before I started if there are kids or not. I have control on the M5, I am very carefull. About the 18 part, I dont do this everyday, I just wanted to try something new. Tell me this.... Whats the point of buying an M5? to drive as a daily driver and feeling like u are 70 years old? you could just buy a 525i and thats it. People buy the M5 for its power, so they can use it time to time and enjoy the car and its power. I think, buying an M5 and not using it as a sport sedan is lame... that means you buy it only for show off , show that you are the best, which is very cocky in my point of view. If you buy a sports car, than you gotta use the damn thing time to time, but being careful with it as well.
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 03-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Contributors

Guys, I agree with you and I dont even want to argue about it. I did a little stupid thing ( lets call it a BIG stupid thing) and thats it. I am sure all of you had the same thing before and took that chance.
Just wanted you to know, ya know? It's not personal attack against you, it's just pointing out there it's not something you should be doing. A brief moment of adrenaline rush is not worth all the possible consequence. Do it somewhere safe. It'll still be fun, and you won't have to worry about the what-ifs.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Just wanted you to know, ya know? It's not personal attack against you, it's just pointing out there it's not something you should be doing. A brief moment of adrenaline rush is not worth all the possible consequence. Do it somewhere safe. It'll still be fun, and you won't have to worry about the what-ifs.
+1. If a child darts out into the road, it might be very tough to stop in time to avoid a tragedy that would alter the entire course of your life or worse. Of all the places to speed, a slow speed zone in a residential area is the worst of all. Many of us here like to push our rides. But never in a populated, slow speed zone.

Hopefully the universal condemnation here of the OP's actions will have the positive effect of discouraging a repeat performance.

Quick Reply: Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone.