E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

i'm totally bummed out

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

So i thought i'd take my car in for the service. I was told by the SA that my car was out of warranty. I told him that i had CPO on the car, and i was told that he didn't see anything in their record as such. I called bmw of Greenwich, the dealer that had told me a few months ago that i had CPO warranty on my car when i was thinkin of trading this 06 w/ a newer one w/ warranty. Then i had called Rayllees bmw and was told that i had warranty also. I was so happy and had posted all that on here. If anyone remembers Anyway now i called all those dealers back and was told that they dun see any CPO. I am so angry that how come did 2 different dealers had told me that i had CPO warranty on this car and they are all denying it now. I can't even find a decent looking combo m5 anymore.. as not much are available at this time. I can never hang on to this car if it is out of warranty. I dun trust third party warranties.
Plus i just ended up, just yesterday ordering mods from Nerweezy.. This sucks man.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Shezmon
So i thought i'd take my car in for the service. I was told by the SA that my car was out of warranty. I told him that i had CPO on the car, and i was told that he didn't see anything in their record as such. I called bmw of Greenwich, the dealer that had told me a few months ago that i had CPO warranty on my car when i was thinkin of trading this 06 w/ a newer one w/ warranty. Then i had called Rayllees bmw and was told that i had warranty also. I was so happy and had posted all that on here. If anyone remembers Anyway now i called all those dealers back and was told that they dun see any CPO. I am so angry that how come did 2 different dealers had told me that i had CPO warranty on this car and they are all denying it now. I can't even find a decent looking combo m5 anymore.. as not much are available at this time. I can never hang on to this car if it is out of warranty. I dun trust third party warranties.
Plus i just ended up, just yesterday ordering mods from Nerweezy.. This sucks man.
That doesn't make any sense. If your car was bought as a CPO, you must have some documentation stating this fact. Unless you bought the car second hand, in which case you might have been taken for a ride.

Sorry to hear about your trouble.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

That's f'cked up Kevin. Who did you buy your car from? Any paperwork or past work done on your car? Sorry to hear about your situation, but if you do decide to get a warranty, try looking into Easy Care. That's what I have and also other members on here as well. I hope you find your evidence to prove your CPO. GL man.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Shezmon
I just read you post and I'm shaking my head in disbelief at how irresponsible you were. I can't believe that you didn't do your homework or get something in writing before buying a used M5 for christ's sake!? Anyways, good luck.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

guys back in the days when i bought the car. I knew that it wasn't a CPO. After buying it i found out that it was. When i called a sales person at bmw of greenwich in CT to buy another newer m5 from them that still had warranty, i told them that i wanted to tradein my car and was told later that day that my car already had CPO warranty. She repeated twice that i had it and i did not had to purchase another one for that reason. I went crazy, later that day i confirmed from Raylless bmw also and was told the same. My big mistake that i should have had them send me the paper work then.
But now all the sudden it is gone. No one knows what i am talking about when i called Greenwich. Ofcourse if i had bought it a CPO i'd def wud have asked for the paper work.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Contributors

I had a similar situation. When I got my car, I called BMW NA to see what my in service date was, so I would know when my factory warranty was up. The rep asked for the last 7 of my VIN (which I read off of a document I had in front of me). After she confirmed my model and year, she gave me the in service date followed by "and then you have the CPO warranty good for 2 more years".igits of my VIN.

After jumping for joy multiple times, I still was in shock so I double checked again. This time I went out and took the last 7 off the vehicle itself and not the document I had in front of me. Well thats when I noticed that the document I referenced earlier had a 9 in it, when in reality this was an 8. User error on my part

As expected I have no CPO warranty, I did have one additional month from my factory warranty than I though. I guess I really only lost 23 months Its amazing what one measly digit can do.

Good luck to you and your situation.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

There's a good reason to buy a CPO ONLY from a BMW dealer, they give you the documentation. If you bought it and knew it wasn't CPO, then no matter what the dealer said it isn't. Unless they could give you CPO warranty paperwork with your car's VIN on it then it isn't and wasn't CPO. Sorry, but lesson learned
Old 08-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

THat sucks. Try to get the Zurich warranty
Old 08-07-2010, 02:20 AM
Senior Members

Thats a bummer man... forsure those BMW dealers can be sneaky.

My 06' went out of warranty early this year, and i was contemplating a 3rd party warranty and weighing my options. You say that you would never hold onto this car without a warranty... is that because you cannot afford the upkeep (if needed), or? I looked into the 3rd party warranties, and with the ones that were offered, it seemed that there were some unknowns that really turned me for a loop. The question about the clutch being covered was something I could not get a straight answer on, and was the main reason I wanted coverage. They reserved the right to buy used parts, and in every case I would have to pay for it to be fixed, and then consult with them for reimbursement. It was over $4k for the warranty, and i figured with how I baby my car, Im hoping there will be no problems (knock on wood I havent had any issues yet)32,000kms.

Sorry to hear about your CPO issues.. but are you seriously going to get rid of your car because it no longer is covered?

Cheers,

Aartsy
Old 08-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Next time, don't take a bong hit before you leave to go buy a car.

Mmmmmmmm-kaaaaaaaaaay...

Quick Reply: i'm totally bummed out