E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eurobahn/Superchips

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 07:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Has anyone done an ECU upgrade with Eurobahn/Superchip? Jeff Zusman, President of Eurobahn, emailed me yesterday. Since we have 93 octane here on the east coast, he said I could expect gains of 18-20HP and 20+ lbs/ft. All this for the price of $699.

Any thoughts or concerns I should be aware of? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger rather quickly on this...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='348356' date='Oct 24 2006, 08:09 AM
Has anyone done an ECU upgrade with Eurobahn/Superchip? Jeff Zusman, President of Eurobahn, emailed me yesterday. Since we have 93 octane here on the east coast, he said I could expect gains of 18-20HP and 20+ lbs/ft. All this for the price of $699.

Any thoughts or concerns I should be aware of? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger rather quickly on this...
I met with the folks from Eurobahn at bimmerfest 2006 in Santa Barbara. They had a booth there and a 645 with the remapped chip if I recall correctly. I was going to go and get it done but decided to wait for Dinan to release their software. I'm still waiting...

Anyhow, in speaking with them they mentioned that they had a lot of happy and satisfied customers. Another bonus was that there is no soldering involved on the ECU. They employ a piggyback system which sits on top of the existing ECU. This is a good thing b/c it is totally reversible for when you have to take your car into the dealership for servicing.

I'm hoping you go for it and let the rest of us know. I'm getting tired of waiting forever...
Old 10-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='348397' date='Oct 24 2006, 01:16 PM
I met with the folks from Eurobahn at bimmerfest 2006 in Santa Barbara. They had a booth there and a 645 with the remapped chip if I recall correctly. I was going to go and get it done but decided to wait for Dinan to release their software. I'm still waiting...

Anyhow, in speaking with them they mentioned that they had a lot of happy and satisfied customers. Another bonus was that there is no soldering involved on the ECU. They employ a piggyback system which sits on top of the existing ECU. This is a good thing b/c it is totally reversible for when you have to take your car into the dealership for servicing.

I'm hoping you go for it and let the rest of us know. I'm getting tired of waiting forever...
Well, here's the thing. Upsolute sells their remap for $400 and it gives the same gains. As for Dinan, I don't recall Dinan's chip upgrade ever giving 20 and 20. They were always much less.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='348403' date='Oct 24 2006, 10:28 AM
Well, here's the thing. Upsolute sells their remap for $400 and it gives the same gains. As for Dinan, I don't recall Dinan's chip upgrade ever giving 20 and 20. They were always much less.
The best way to measure if there is any gains at all would be to dyno your car before and after. Eurobahn, Upsolute, and Dinan can tell you what you want to hear but the dyno charts will tell you what is true. Of course, when you dyno before and after be sure it is with the same shop.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='348420' date='Oct 24 2006, 01:21 PM
The best way to measure if there is any gains at all would be to dyno your car before and after. Eurobahn, Upsolute, and Dinan can tell you what you want to hear but the dyno charts will tell you what is true. Of course, when you dyno before and after be sure it is with the same shop.

and in the same basic atmospheric/temperature conditions with no additional modifications, etc etc etc...
Old 10-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I was also going to get Upsolute and I posted a thread about it last year. I looked at several other vendors including Superchips and Upsolute was the cheapest. In the end, I opted to also wait for Dinan. Their gains may not be adverstised as high as some of the others but with today's technology, I agree with Dinan that there's not a lot to gain from a normally aspirated engine. The other main benefit to software upgrades is improved driveability and throttle response. I'm also sticking with Dinan for their warranty so I won't have to worry about "hiding" the mod whenever I bring my car into service.

Another thing to note, Superchips also claims 18-20hp for the 545 so it doesn't seem logical to me that they can also get 18-20hp for a 530.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Contributors

You're killing me Euro! Now you got me thinking I should wait for Dinan too. Ughhh...
Old 10-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i w/SMG - JetBlack - Dinan Software - Dinan Exhaust - Anthracite Trim - Anthracite Headliner - Sport Package

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='348426' date='Oct 24 2006, 11:38 AM
You're killing me Euro! Now you got me thinking I should wait for Dinan too. Ughhh...

I was told yesterday that they are very close to releasing the software!!
Maybe in November, along with the t-body, air flow meter and CAI for the 550
Old 10-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Man, I've heard that before. Certainly hope it's true and that I can get it before the Central Cali Meet on Nov 18th.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='348397' date='Oct 24 2006, 01:16 PM

I emailed them yesterday about this piggyback system and they answered back with the following:

Hello,
I have an 06 BMW 550 that has the 4.8 ltr engine. Do you have a chip
available for it. I didnt see it listed. If so what are the specs and how
does it install. Also is this the piggy back type that can be taken off
before service.
Thanks,
bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your interest in Eurobahn Programming. Congrats on having the
550, its an outstanding vehicle but I am sure already know that

We do not sell what you would call a chip. We write a custom program that
gets loaded into your cars on board computer or DME. This program replaces
the factory one that is already in there. We use the performance data from
your computer's memory to assist us in creating a safe, reliable and
performance oriented new file for the car. Or course we also hang on to your
factory program should the need arise to put it back in. IE: service issues
etc.

Installation needs to be done in our office in Orange County CA. If you live
near us you can bring the car in or if not you can send us your computer via
FedEx or UPS. WE usually turn them around in 24 hours and ship them back out
overnight. The price if shipped in is $699.00 plus shipping. If you bring
the car in it's still $699.00 but there is tax instead of shipping.

Performance gains are a bit different for each car but the average is
18-20HP and 22-25Ft Lbs of torque gained. We also remove your speed limiter
and improve throttle response. In addition we optimize the fuel and air
mixture so better fuel economy can be had under normal driving highway
conditions. It's hard to say exactly how each car does but on average its
about 2-3MPG better.

I hope I have answered all of your questions, if not please let me know.

Have a great day,

Jeff Zusman

President

Eurobahn Performance Inc.
(866) Euro-Power
www.Eurobahn.US

2950 W. Central Ave. Suite 1
Santa Ana, CA 92704

"The open road is calling, we'll help you answer!"
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????/