Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > E60 5 Series (2004 - 2010) > E60 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Net
Members

Hello all,

I just installed a sprint booster in a 2007 550i SMG and I got this error message Engine Malfunction reduced power and a picture of an engine with half of it orange on my head up display.... any one know how to get rid of it? or any idea on what i did wrong?

Thanks,
Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #2

Remove the SB annd see if it's the cause of the error ... then re-try but make sure the pin are correct ... it has to be in one particular orientation & don't bend any of them.

GL!

Heavily modded xi/xDrive/AWD
BlaSTiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
Net
Members

I removed it the when i first installed it and it cleared up the error Ill check the pin alignment when i get home thx for your help.
Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
Members

Not sure if this helps, but when I recently purchased mine I was asked for my transmission type so perhaps this comes into play (ie. your SB isn't for an SMG)...

Hope this helps,
Dave
drosenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #5
Contributors

Also make sure you leave the door open a couple of minutes after unlocking the car, before you remove the pedal. It said so in the manual. Of course I didn't read the manual, because guys don't do that Click the image to open in full size....and of course I got the error message...put everything back to oem, waited a couple minutes and did it the right way...no errors since then Click the image to open in full size.

2005 523exe | Orient Blue | M-Tech | Bi-Xenon | Black Kidneys | LED Angel Eyes | LED Side Markers | Carbon Emblems | Summer 20" Staggered ASA AR1 Wheels 9x20-10,5x20 ET18/26 | Winter Style 18" 123 wheels 8 x 18 ET20 | De-badged | Front Plate Delete | LED Plate Light | ITG Air Filter | Cobra Coils -30 mm | Black M Grill Badge | Sprint Booster V2 | RPi Scoop Red | OEM shadow Line Trim | Supersprint Exhaust | Sport / Comfort Black Leather | M5 Cluster Conversion
On order | Nothing :-)
Wish List | M5 BBK | M5 Trunk Finisher |

Gone | '07 Mini Cooper S | '05 BMW 745 High exe | '03 MB CLK 240 | '99 BMW 523 exe | the rest were not worthy...
greycoopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:45 AM