E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front creaking noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation
Thumbs down

Hi there, i got my new 545, 2004 couple of months back, the car is great it is fully loaded with options. The car is in Alpine white, ventilated seats, tinted windows, sport stearing wheel etc...
but after a long day driving inside the city i started hearing creaking noise from the front side. the noise is clear whenever i am about to stop or start (low speed). no such noise in the morning. i am not sure ,could this be from brakes!. i took it to the local dealer stayed there for 4 days but since the noise is heard whenever i drive it for a long time INSIDE the city, they could not allocat it.

I have been driving BMW since i was back in school, but these master peices comes loaded with electronics. so i am seeking your help did anyone experienced this before.

thanks
Old 06-01-2005, 01:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

Would it be the noise from the door? I have problem with cracking noise from the doors when the car start moving or about to stop at low speed. Getting worst when you car get warm under the sun.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:36 AM
Members

look here :
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12054
i think we have same problem here....
Old 06-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

I am sure the noise is not coming from the cabin, it is from the front end of the car.
with my little mechanical experience, i consider this noise coming either from the brakes or actice steering or even from the bearings.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:38 AM
Senior Members

I?m with BMW of North America, LLC. I?m sorry to read of your concern about your 545i. If you and your BMW center would like our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200516000033 so that we can help you more efficiently.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

HA! BMW NA is here again to save the day... Wonder how they chose who to help... we have had TONS of problems but they never chose to help the other ones but then chose this one... interesting... called selective help. LOL
Old 06-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One word for BMWNA: USELESS!
Old 06-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: NEW: 2008 535xit, VIP Modular Wheels, KW V3, Prior Design Bodykit, Rotora 12 piston brakes. Custom paint by Platinum VIP. and more to come. OLD: 2004 Jet Black 530i, 20" Iforged Sprints, Rear reflectors, Xenon interior, H&R Springs, Premium Package, Xenon Adaptive headlights

Wiss545, I had the same problem with my 5 for the longest time. Is the problem coming from the right front brake?? My SA just figured out the problem and it was the brake sensor. It has been problem free now for 2 weeks and hopefully it stays that way. I'll keep this updated if anything changes. Hopefully this helps.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Members

I posted complaining about a rattling noise from the front end of the car earlier and since then i am still suffering, this is the 4th time at the dealer for the same reason

but the confusing thing is that they told me that they will change the stearing Rack, knowing that they changed the same part 3 months back

i am still not convinced about changing the stearing rack because sometime i feel the noise coming from the suspension area...

but what the Technical manager said: that sometime the car gives misleading noises but after analysis they decided to change again the stearing Rack, he added that they oppened a case with germany and they also recomended to change the same....

FYI on my third visit they changed the Axe Holder and they damaged the stearing oil pipe... MY dealer Sucks

Please Help
Old 09-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jun 9 2005, 03:19 PM
HA! BMW NA is here again to save the day... Wonder how they chose who to help... we have had TONS of problems but they never chose to help the other ones but then chose this one... interesting... called selective help. LOL?
[snapback]137898[/snapback]
Well, at least BMWNA dare to come out.

I only wish that BMW Ag and the BMW Nordic guys would read this forum as well.

They could learn something...

Hello! Are you around???

Quick Reply: front creaking noise