E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Replacing CCC with other years

Old 10-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing CCC with other years

I need to replace my CCC on my 2005 545. I don't want to dish out the thousands of dollars to get a new one, so I wanted to get a used one. My question is do I need to get a CCC from 2005 or can I get one from different years? And will all my features (park assist, navi) be automatically functioning after the reprogram to link to my car?

And just incase anyone knows, is there a person/company/shop that fixed busted CCC's?

Any help is appreciated.

MHK
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by MHK545
I need to replace my CCC on my 2005 545. I don't want to dish out the thousands of dollars to get a new one, so I wanted to get a used one. My question is do I need to get a CCC from 2005 or can I get one from different years? And will all my features (park assist, navi) be automatically functioning after the reprogram to link to my car?

And just incase anyone knows, is there a person/company/shop that fixed busted CCC's?

Any help is appreciated.

MHK
You should be able to use any between 2004 thru 2007 (pre-LCI units) without any additional equipment. However, unless the donor car had the exact same options as your car, programming to enable funtions may be required. What is going on with your existing unit?

PS - check Ebay as well. CCC units can be found for less than $500 for the CCC head unit (no screen).

Last edited by advancedlogic; 10-28-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Members

Thanks for the reply.

So the dealer/ indie shop/ coder will be able to find the options I need and activate them on the donor CCC?

So my iDrive stopped working a few months back, the fan runs in the back but nothing turns on. I tried the power/eject/eject reset and nothing happens. The DVD doesn't eject. And all the fuses seem to be intact.

I had a water issue with the e-box drain that fried my active steering module, and I think that it might have also killed my CCC somehow. If you have any thoughts on how i could get my current one fixed or something I should try I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for the reply.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by MHK545
Thanks for the reply.

So the dealer/ indie shop/ coder will be able to find the options I need and activate them on the donor CCC?

So my iDrive stopped working a few months back, the fan runs in the back but nothing turns on. I tried the power/eject/eject reset and nothing happens. The DVD doesn't eject. And all the fuses seem to be intact.

I had a water issue with the e-box drain that fried my active steering module, and I think that it might have also killed my CCC somehow. If you have any thoughts on how i could get my current one fixed or something I should try I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again for the reply.

You may have a faulty IVM or MPM module. The IVM is located in the ebox. It is the black box with a bunch of colored fuses. The MPM is located in the spare tire well. If either goes you can experience idrive failure. It sounds like a power issue. A wet ebox makes the IVM suspect. As for coding, the dealer probably wouldnt do it. Independents may. Coders, definately.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Members

There wouldn't be a way of confirming if the IVM is bad is there? Without replacing it.

Thanks for the information, I greatly appreciate it.

MHK
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Members

Oh and also does that module needed to be programmed when its replaced?

Thanks again.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

buy a donor CCC and do a swap. Make sure all wires are correct and then if something doesn't work, take it to get it encoded to your car and all will work doesn't matter what options you have the CCC has every option known for E60 and whatever options are on your vehicle order the CCC will work with. You can enable more options but seeming you may not have the hardware that would be pointless.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Members

'04 & '05 CCC units are known for early failures. I'd get a more recent unit (prod after 3/05) from a junk yard and do a swap as AchtungE60 suggested. Look for units with actual prod. date up to 8/06 (pre-LCI). I see a few for under $400 on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market
Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Members

Thanks everyone for their response. Very helpful.