E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced accelerometer... passenger restraint warning still on!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 04:22 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 545 6 M/T
Model Year: 2004
Default Replaced accelerometer... passenger restraint warning still on!

This is driving me crazy!

The passenger seat mat was replaced in 2009 as part of the recall.

So far I have added a 2 ohm resistor to the connection by the positive battery cable; warning still comes on. I ran codes and noticed the SIM/SGM code of 93 DA, so I replaced the driver side accelerometer and still the warning comes on. What the hell is next!?

I thought it was easier to just upload a copy of my error codes. There appears to be a lot of them but the one I want addressed now is the stupid passenger restraint warning message.

Can anyone tell me by looking at the errors and knowing what I have done so far; what I should do next? The positive battery cable perhaps?

I can also tell you that the battery is fully charged and the alternator was replaced with a reman. unit that does charge well BUT also causes the oil condition malfunction message to pop up on occasion. I've had this passenger restraint message pop up even with previous alternators installed.
Attached Thumbnails Replaced accelerometer... passenger restraint warning still on!-bmw-error-codes-10292016.jpg  
Old 10-30-2016, 01:57 PM
New Members

Bumping... any one have thoughts on this?
Old 11-01-2016, 07:27 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by BraveHelios
Bumping... any one have thoughts on this?
Absolutely no suggestions? Come on! Why have the forums when no one chimes in?
Old 11-01-2016, 03:56 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5 SMG
Model Year: 2006

Okay, I changed my seats on my 545i to M5 seats, and I got error code city on the passenger side. The code would not clear, so I swapped my old passenger seat tensioner (recommended on a few discussion threads), and the code did clear, but only for a while. After I messed with my PDC system, the code came back, and no matter what I do now, it won't clear. That's all I got so far.