Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > E60 5 Series (2004 - 2010) > E60 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2006, 06:04 PM   #1
Senior Members

I recently bought my '05 525i and I'm still learning some of the features. Today while leaving work I guess I held down the unlock button on the key fob a little bit longer than necessary and the windows started rolling down and the sunroof opened. I thought that was kinda cool.

What other features have you guys found? I was unable to figure out how to roll up the windows via the key fob, but oh well.... If I leave the windows down when I park, will they automatically roll up when I lock the car via the key fob?

Another thing: Can someome please explain the voice activation stuff? I can't get the car to recognize a damn thing I say. If I say the number 6-1-2-5-5-5-1-2-3-4 it repeats back -6-*-#-9-5-5-5-5-2-0. I say "menu" and it dials a phone number. What gives? I definitely need to read up on the voice activation stuff. I've read other posts where people are saying that the voice activation is their favorite feature, but I have a hard time understanding how that could be.
2007 Yamaha R1 - Targa solo seat cowl / Gregg's flushmount signals & mirror covers / Xenon / BlasterX integrated taillight / MJS race baffles & gutted Y-pipe / Graves smog block-offs / Puig windscreen / fender eliminator / Pazzo levers / 16T front sprocket / Harris grips / black powdercoated pegs / CRG bar end mirror & bar ends
2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited - Graphite with Black Leather
wasupdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
Contributors

Send a message via ICQ to EBMCS03 Send a message via AIM to EBMCS03 Send a message via MSN to EBMCS03 Send a message via Yahoo to EBMCS03

Ya you can only roll down the windows via the key fob.

You can roll up the windows if you stick the key in the key hole and hold it in the lock position.

As for voice command mine works fine... do you have an accent? Try saying 6,1, 2 then 5,5,5 then 1,2,3,4 pausing and letting the car repeat to you
For Sale: 2008 ///M5 SMG | Alpine White | Black Full Merino Leather w/Aluminum Trim | Logic 7 | iPod Adapter | HUD | Heated / Ventilated & Adaptive Comfort Seats | Comfort Access | Rear Side Airbags | Rear Side Sunshades | Folding Rear Seats | 35% Sides 15% Rear Windshield Tint

For Sale: 2007 Porsche 987 Cayman S | Midnight Blue | Space Gray | 6spd Manual | Preferred Package | Bose Sound System | X-Pel Clear Bra | Suntek Carbon Tint
EBMCS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #3
Contributors

To roll up all windows and close the sunroof, insert your key as if to luck your door, turn key but hold it till the process completes. It will not do this by just locking the car using the remote key fob. Press and hold the trunk open button and listen to Bethoven music
Also

[EBMCS03 was faster than me to reply ]

545iA Sport JetBlack/Black|Performance MODSQuaife LSD|ECU remap|SB| 5 BBK |High Flow Intake|RPi GT Exhaust|

MODS: 5 Front Bumper|166|LED Angel eyes| Sports Suspension|Custom 5 cluster|Ipod Interface|
5 Fender Grilles|LCI Tails Bruce V6 with Ricky's Brake Mod| 5 Side Mirrors| eLight Module|Black Kidney Grills|5 Trunk Spoiler|
Die-cast E60 Replica |BMW CCA #330766 San Diego| Be a BMW CCA member Click here! Proj:5 Bumper Fogs|

For Sale:
545i F/R Brakes|Stock and LED Pre-LCI Tails|Vogtland Springs|6DiscCDchanger +2mags|
Sport Springs|AngeliBright 3|Stock Front Bumper|Stock JetBlack Side Mirrors|
Rizbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Keep in mind that you can roll the windows up and close the roof with the fob if you are outside of North America...
2011 550i in Alpine White/Venetian Beige Dakota Leather/Light Wood Trim with: M-Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Active Ventilated Seat Package, Convenience Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package 2, Integral Active Steering, Ski Bag, Split Fold-Down Rear Seats, 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control, Side and Top View Cameras, Head-up Display, Smartphone Integration, Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection, and Combox Controller. (In other words, I got everything except x-Drive and the Rear Seat Entertainment System...) Build completed October 6, 2010. Current software version = F010-10-09-522 (ISTA version 2.39.4)
2008 Alpine White 550i SAT & 2004 Alpine White 545i SMG -- gone but not forgotten!

Miss you JDN!
Rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:59 PM   #5
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy' post='354407' date='Nov 10 2006, 02:59 PM
Keep in mind that you can roll the windows up and close the roof with the fob if you are outside of North America...
Yeah I can confirm that. If you keep holding the lock button, unclose windows roll up and mirror fold in if you have the fold in mirror feature.

Toy: 2006 Honda VTR 250

Official TEAM POSER's Thread
"Team Poser - President of Operations (NON M Division)"
AC_S5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
Senior Members

No, I don't have folding mirrors, but I can rollup/rolldown windows and open/close the sunroof just fine with my remote.
2006 E64 650i Cabriolet - Steptronic, Individual, Onyx Blue, Full Individual Platinum Merino Leather + Piano Black, Sport Seats, Lumbar Support, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, HUD, PDC, Professional Navigation, Bluetooth, Heated front seats, Lights Package, Individual Sport steering wheel, Logic7, TV, CD Changer, Adaptive Xenon, 19" Individual. Target data status: E060-07-03-525.
big_ipaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #7
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='354432' date='Nov 10 2006, 08:58 AM
No, I don't have folding mirrors, but I can rollup/rolldown windows and open/close the sunroof just fine with my remote.
Auto fold-in (or not) is dealer-settable. If you really like the idea, you can ask...

(I mean - through the key. Clearly, if the mirrors are not motorised, then nothing doing)
dlevi67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:39 AM   #8
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='354432' date='Nov 10 2006, 09:58 AM
I did that too but that's how I ended up triggering the rear window antitrap message. After the delaer fixed it I haven't dared to use that functionality.
June 2010 F10 523i. Alpine white, oyster leather, anthracite wood trim, ambient lighting, 8 speed auto, Variable Damper Control, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sports seats, sports steering wheel, black window trim, tinted rear windows, USB connection
Other rides:
1988 Ferrari 328 GTS
1992 Mazda MX-5
2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T
PoleApart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:21 AM   #9
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizbel' post='354384' date='Nov 9 2006, 10:25 PM
Press and hold the trunk open button and listen to Bethoven music
Also
Current: 2011.5 E90 M3, Space Grey, Extended Black Novillo Leather, Aluminium Trim, Competition Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Prem Pkg 2, M DCT, Navigation, iPod adapter, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shade, also one serious kick in the a**!
Gone: 2008 550, Space Grey, Sports Package, Sport Auto Transmission, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, style 172 wheels, Comfort Access, Logic 7 sound, Sirius, iPod adapter, heated front seats, power rear sunshade, PDC and one serious kick in the a**.
Sold: 2004 545i (U.S.), Steptronic, Silver Gray, Gray Dakota Leather, Poplar wood, style 135 wheels, Logic 7 sound, Sirius, iPod, power rear sunshade.
kscarrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:25 AM   #10
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy' post='354407' date='Nov 10 2006, 07:59 AM
Correct. Up and down with the fob here.
BMW545i MY2005?Oct 2004 steptronic, saphire black metallic, 19" 167M Dunlop SportMaxx - 19" 172M Vredestein (winter setup), dakota leather black, [s]poplar wood trim[/s], adaptive bi-xenon headlights, sports suspension, servotronic, PDC, glass sun roof, comfort seats, heat seating, sports heated steering wheel, advanced climate control, HUD, navigation professional, logic 7, [s]6 cd changer[/s], ipod interface, mp3, voice recognition, extended lights package, interior - exterior dimming folding mirrors, fold down rear seats, skibag, electric rear/side sunblind, bluetooth nokia 6300, universal remote control, spare wheel, class 3 alarm,

MODS: ACS front lip, M rear bumper, M sideskirts, M5 mirrors, M5 rear spoiler, M5 boot finisher, M5 anti sway bars, M5 instrument cluster, M5 shifter kit, M5 Big Brake Kit, SMG paddle kit, custom Ruthenium Pearl interior trims, 50% front & 35% rear tint, high gloss shadowline, alu pedal set, rear DVD LCD, LCI front & rear light retrofit, LED front, side indicators & no. plate, illuminated door sils, LED interior, DME tuning, Eibach prokit, Goodridge brake lines, Redstuff brake pads (rear), K&N air filter, Sprintbooster, Supersprint exhaust

My 545i
0-100
autobahn high speed run

DIY M rear bumper DIY M sideskirts DIY M5 rear spoiler

[hr]
andy545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:25 AM