E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

INPA Nominal & Actual air mass too high! e60 525d M57

Old 05-02-2016, 12:16 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 525d
Default INPA Nominal & Actual air mass too high! e60 525d M57

Hello!

I have same problem with my e60. In the last 2 months i try to troubleshoot why it eats a lot of fuel (13l/100km) and why it not revs under 2000-2500rpm.

I check the cars with INPA it dropped out the MAF meter so i changed the it, the error code cleared, but nothing changed in power or consumption.

I heard some whistling noise and than i saw one sealing and the turbo hose which comes from the turbo to cooler had a hole. So i ordered the new sealing and the new hose, i thought maybe the air leaks and than i have no boost, but after changing all it has the same problem.

So Laptop INPA what's wrong.. Nothing no errors came up. I started to check the values (selective mass adjustment, desired values, etc etc)

On the desired/current values page i saw when i press the throttle a bit or i give full gas the desired and the current air-mass is too high after when it's above 60km/h or goes to normal values.. Maybe that's why it eats a lot cause the ECU thinks it has a lot of air give some diesel
I changed the MAF as i said before so that shouldn't be problem.

But anyway when i go on highway than it's eating 8l/100km which is friendly for me. When i go into the city it immediately starts to climb up. But not because of my foot.. No. When i go under 30km/h than the fuel consumption indicator start to climb up (and i don't press the gas only brake!). When i stop then drops to 0 but it eats a lot of fuel in indle too. (i will made a video from that too.

I checked in INPA the car i realized one Injector the 5th cylinder is near the 3mg/Hub which but it's in green. in INPA but i saw a video on internet where the guy has the same problem and all the injectors was nearly on the same value. So i think that shouldn't cause this. Anyway i ordered the new injector and i will change it next month.

Can i check the exhaust, pressure in INPA?

Can i ask some hep?
Or somebody had similar issues, or maybe the same issue? and solved them?

On the video you see when i start from 0. Frist the air mass is too high and after i reach the 50 everything is in good value.. but when i want to rev it goes up too.

Last edited by milkox; 05-02-2016 at 12:18 PM.