E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

OEM Ipod Integration + Navigation weirdness

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:24 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I want to preface this post (my first) with stating I have searched a lot about this and I can't seem to find a definitive answer so I'm turning to everyone out there that has the OEM ipod integration and Navigation in their cars.

This is my first BMW and it is a 2007 530xi. It came with navigation, sirius, and the cd changer. The first thing i did was take it to the dealer and have the cd swapped out with the ipod adapter. Now since i have navigation i have the scroll knob with the force feedback that doesn't let you spin the knob when your at the bottom of a list (i believe this is only on the Nav units?). Here is where the weirdness comes in. When i'm trying to scroll through the list of artists or albums or any other list when using the ipod the scroll knob fights me when it gets to the bottom of the screen but there are a lot more options in the list. it will let me scroll but it doesn't seem to like it. I took it back to the dealer and they tried to tell me this is a "feature" and is just tactile feedback. I asked why this "feature" didn't apply when i was scrolling through settings or radio presets and he didn't have an answer.

So my question is to anyone else out there that has the same setup as me is if theirs operates like this as well? If this is in fact normal i would consider it more of a design flaw than a "feature" but if this is not normal I want to push harder to get it corrected.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Members
Senior Members

It's called Haptic feedback and is normal. I find when you get to the bottom of the viewable list of songs or whatever just turn it to the right a little and hold it there and it will "click" through the rest of the songs.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Yes its bad, I have some thing like 6.5gb of songs on my iPhone and I just leave it on random.