E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I did the little diy exhaust mod with the valve

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 04:06 PM
New Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Mine's stuck open thanks to JB4. Just saying...
Old 09-01-2014, 08:07 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i sport package blacked out rims, factory otherwise for now.

Originally Posted by audiophool
Mine's stuck open thanks to JB4. Just saying...
That was my first plan lol. Whats funny is that Im actually an electromechanical engineer/metalwork for a living and entire adult life. Im on a lay off for plant updates for now, and I have a bad rheostat in my welder so I have no access really. So I bought some high temp in weld, then while laying under the car, and messing with the valve I started looking at other solutions thinking that jb weld would be hard to remove and return to factory when I trade it in or sell it next year. So, ultimately I looked at the little port on the vaccuum housing, and opens it up with a drill slightly. Then pushed the valve open and looked at the mechanism. I decided if I push it open by hand, I could neatly drill straight through it, and run a 3.5" 1/4-20 bolt, with a lock washer and nut on top, through it that would hold the system in place. Now, if and when I decide to, I can simply remove the bolt, and the only remnant left behind is a small port hole fought 2mm wider than original, and a perfectly matching one on top. Thanks for the advice and reply though. I appreciate it.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:48 PM
New Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: 535xi
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by EvilDave83
That was my first plan lol. Whats funny is that Im actually an electromechanical engineer/metalwork for a living and entire adult life. Im on a lay off for plant updates for now, and I have a bad rheostat in my welder so I have no access really. So I bought some high temp in weld, then while laying under the car, and messing with the valve I started looking at other solutions thinking that jb weld would be hard to remove and return to factory when I trade it in or sell it next year. So, ultimately I looked at the little port on the vaccuum housing, and opens it up with a drill slightly. Then pushed the valve open and looked at the mechanism. I decided if I push it open by hand, I could neatly drill straight through it, and run a 3.5" 1/4-20 bolt, with a lock washer and nut on top, through it that would hold the system in place. Now, if and when I decide to, I can simply remove the bolt, and the only remnant left behind is a small port hole fought 2mm wider than original, and a perfectly matching one on top. Thanks for the advice and reply though. I appreciate it.
Not JB Weld, JB4. It's a performance tune pack for the N54 twin turbo motors. It hijacks the control for the flap in the muffler and leaves it open all the time.