E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Heater Blower stopped working this Morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:19 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i
Default Heater Blower stopped working this Morning

Hello guys,
I did a cold start this morning turned on my front windshield defroster, which worked just fine and blew hot air...but after 10 min when I turned off the front defroster, the main heater blower was turned on position 3 or 4 and was not blowing any air at all. Could anybody please tell me what the problem is? I have a 2008 BMW 535i. I did get "Increased battery discharge" message for the past few weeks, which resets my clock.

Thank you
Old 01-06-2017, 03:13 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 528xi
Model Year: 2009

Had the same problem, got a new battery and everything works fine now. Apparently it was the original battery, first time it has been changed and registered. Not bad for an '09. My car ran and drove just fine with the battery almost dead, thought the FSU went out because of the no heat from dual zone but working defrost issue I was having. Until I had to bring it in because it wouldn't start one morning at -25F. New AGM battery registered and good to go! Works and started fine this morning at -17F.