E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E60 M57n Injector Leak, burning off the diesel? white smoke

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 07:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 30d, E39 35i
Model Year: 2004, 2001
Engine: M57n
Default E60 M57n Injector Leak, burning off the diesel? white smoke

Long story short, I was flipping out me turbo and doing the work top down so had take injectors out..but when refitted, i fitted the clamps on wrong way - It never fired and understandably leaked fuel

One of the injector Ts was leaking so thought this was the cause...replaced it....diesel kept leaking...eventually put two and two together and figured out the clamps were on wrong way round

Flipped clamps around and job done, fired up straight away. Runs like a champ, but i now now signs of white smoke coming outta the zorst

Confident this is direct cause of the fuel that built up with all the cranking that took place and it not firing, so whats best way to sort this? will it just burn off in due time?

Oil and coolant was renewed on the same job and levels are where it should be, also did my stats at same time and it gets up to temp fine. Turbos works spot on and no signs of leak etc with oil in IC pipework or anything

Drives mint...but need to sort this asap, any ideas?