E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by freed0m' post='272282' date='Apr 21 2006, 12:24 PM
Hi Freewilly,

Not sure if your warning message is the same as mine (see attached images). However, I recommend that you let the dealer take a look at your car anyway for possible prevention in the future. Since you are not in a hurry at the moment, make sure to schedule your appointment ahead of time so your can request for a BMW courtesy car.

Best regards,

Freedom
I FIXED IT --- thank God

I had the same problem... everyone in this form was very helpful... I even went as far as email some users to get further detail on this DSC problem

Here was my solution... this is very simple but it fixed my problem (thank God) MAKE SURE THE AIR PRESSURE OF ALL THE TIRES ARE EQUAL... IT?S EASY TO CHECK... AND FIX...

since my tires had different air pressure... it thought my car was unstable... even when I took a simple U-Turn or any turns for that mater... it just shut off.... I had to restart it and my problem when away... but it kept on happening.... the air pressure was the solution for me... and probably for a lot of you out there...

Another note... get a simple alignment... that will also help... if you notice the steering a little off....

If tires are bad... replace them....
Old 07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Members

WRONG DISCUSSION SORRY
Old 09-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Contributors

My problem "supposely was fixed" about two months on a second attempt and guess what? It came back again on Friday right after I parked my car coming from work Got inside my place...changed cloth and got ready to go to the batting cage. (no dude..not a monkey cage..i meant a batting cage)

Then..time to go to the batting cage

Started the engine...the light came back..i said to myself..ah..another fault alarm.

Put it in gear and i could not believe....the suspension felt VERY VERY soft as if my shock-aboserver could not hold the car steady. I did not drove move my car and call. My dealer is not open until tomorrow so I am without a car.

To be honest..i am getting scared of my car..imagine if the DSC goes bad while you are doing 80 and about to take a curve?

If this DSC problem happens once more......Nov. 2007 will be my last day owning a BMW. I know what you are going to say..but hey.....i have enough stress at work to deal with car stress.

:thumbsdown:
Old 09-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Shebs' post='274652' date='Apr 27 2006, 10:11 AM
[...]

The Dynamic Drive on the other hand is an adaptive shock absorbers system that adjusts the body roll angle of the car in curves (the degree the car is tilting ot the left or to the right). This helps in adding a sense of security to the driver and also is claimed to help increase the car's cornering speeds. The idea of Dynamic Drive is pretty simple, if it senses that you are taking a right curve for example and the car starts body rolling to the left, the system increases the damping coefficient of the left shock absorbers in order to try to bring the car back to near horizontal.
[...]
Sorry but Dynamic Drive does not modify the dampening in the shock absorbers at all. It just hydraulically stiffens some sway bars in the suspension. You must have read something about Mercedes.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Come on guys - a simple search of the forums will tell you this is the steering angle sensor going bad. Search on SZL or sensor or steering angle sensor. 2007 cars produced from Aug to May have or will have the issue - it is a recall in other countries.