E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) Malfunction

Old 04-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I had a warning message Dynamic Stability Control Malfunction pops up few days ago, and ask me to contact BMW dealer ASAP. I had an appointment made for this morning. The warning message pops up every time right after I start up for 3 days. But since last night, the warning message stopped, I called the dealer and canceled the appointment because I don't think they will do anything if there is no warning message.

Does anyone experiencing the problem before?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Freewilly:
I have gotten the message a couple of times. It usually happened when I was sloppy in a turn - in third gear instead of second. The message has always gone away when I restarted my car. I haven't seen it in a while - I must be paying better attention to which gear I'm in. It never required a dealer visit, just a restart. Hope this helps, good luck
Old 04-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Hi Freewilly,

Not sure if your warning message is the same as mine (see attached images). However, I recommend that you let the dealer take a look at your car anyway for possible prevention in the future. Since you are not in a hurry at the moment, make sure to schedule your appointment ahead of time so your can request for a BMW courtesy car.

Best regards,

Freedom
Attached Thumbnails Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) Malfunction-dynamicdrive_01.jpg   Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) Malfunction-dynamicdrive_03.jpg   Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) Malfunction-dynamicdrive_02.jpg  
Old 04-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Yes, it is exactly the same as mine. But the problem went away after 3 days, it's been working okay for now.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Senior Members

how does this technology work anyway? anyone have any info on this?
Old 04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ethanbmw' post='273535' date='Apr 24 2006, 04:10 PM
how does this technology work anyway? anyone have any info on this?
If it's like ACE in my (BMW Developed) Land Rover then it's a hydraulic sway bar with two gyro's (one high and one low) on the car to measure force. When needed there are hydraulic rams that applies force on the sway bars to counter the body lean. I would think the E60 has a more refined version of this but the principal is the same. If there is a failure the biggest problem would be that you have more body lean. But in the case of the Land Rover, you can also do real damage to some of the components unless you swap out the serpentine belt and bypass the hydaulic pump. It sounds like the E60's system is improved in that area.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Contributors

Damm, the error message comes back again. I am calling my dealer.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Yes, the error won't be remediate until the dealer diagnose the problem . Even though the warning message does go away, there are error logs that the system will keep for trouble shooting purposes.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='274207' date='Apr 25 2006, 10:25 PM
Damm, the error message comes back again. I am calling my dealer.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='272256' date='Apr 21 2006, 05:19 PM
I had a warning message Dynamic Stability Control Malfunction pops up few days ago, and ask me to contact BMW dealer ASAP. I had an appointment made for this morning. The warning message pops up every time right after I start up for 3 days. But since last night, the warning message stopped, I called the dealer and canceled the appointment because I don't think they will do anything if there is no warning message.

In my experience intermittent problems always hide themselves, when you book them in for repair. It's the 'law of sod' in action.

My car was in for a sticking drivers window, ac fault and battery drain error report this week.

Predictable the window fault and the error message hid themselves nicely and refused to play up.

BMW were fine though and took action anyway.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='272256' date='Apr 21 2006, 06:19 PM

Is it the Dynamic Stability Control or the Dynamic Drive?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) Malfunction