DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY : Change LM1 to LM2

Old 09-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

perhaps i should be more specific with my inquiry. what im curious about is whether this LM2 module will work with my pre-LCI Xenon headlights and later work with LCI Xenon headlights should i choose to perform the retrofit...

I dont see the letter AHL on the unit.....but i also cannot discern what LHR means either....

thanks for the help guys!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Perhaps you didn't understand my answer.

Let me try again, look up the p/n I pulled up for you and you'll see it's not S524A option capable (known as AHL or commonly Adaptive), so will it work for Xenon? Yes, but you'll loose Adaptive functionality.

That is why in my answer another easier way is to find out is from the donor car itself, if it's Xenon equiped then you are set 'cuz US bound model when equiped w/ Xenon will always AHL/Adaptive capable but if you can't find out you'll need to look it up based on the part number or query your local dealer.

And it's LWR (not LHR) it means vertical aim control or commonly known as self-leveling in scope of the headlight.

If you wonderin' how I know ... I'm using similar module (the 1st older version/generation) & I've done tricked/modded head/tail-lights conversion then I did the full conversion at the end in which I'm using LCI Bi-Xenon headlights but non-Adaptive Euro version.

GL!

Originally Posted by umichchris
perhaps i should be more specific with my inquiry. what im curious about is whether this LM2 module will work with my pre-LCI Xenon headlights and later work with LCI Xenon headlights should i choose to perform the retrofit...

I dont see the letter AHL on the unit.....but i also cannot discern what LHR means either....

thanks for the help guys!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Just trying to code my LM2 which has been pulled from another car but i have two problems hopefully someone can help, the first is my version of Win KFP is in German does anyone know how to wsitch it to English, i can find where to perform step 5
i have even tried to skip to step 6 and get the following error when i try to FA Write my LMA it keeps coming up with "COAPI-2000:EDIABAS or SGBD error SYS-0005: Object file not found.
please can someone help me my car is in bits and i cant go any further.

thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

When NCS popped up an error is pretty much generic error, it's better to find the log and post it up as it has much more detail.
More than likely you will need to update the DATEN files in order for EDIABAS to read/talk to the newer LM2.

Originally Posted by livefour2day
Just trying to code my LM2 which has been pulled from another car but i have two problems hopefully someone can help, the first is my version of Win KFP is in German does anyone know how to wsitch it to English, i can find where to perform step 5
i have even tried to skip to step 6 and get the following error when i try to FA Write my LMA it keeps coming up with "COAPI-2000:EDIABAS or SGBD error SYS-0005: Object file not found.
please can someone help me my car is in bits and i cant go any further.

thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
When NCS popped up an error is pretty much generic error, it's better to find the log and post it up as it has much more detail.
More than likely you will need to update the DATEN files in order for EDIABAS to read/talk to the newer LM2.

absolutly spot on BlaSTiW thank you updated my DATEN files etc (which Blood advised me to do weeks ago with my AC upgrade, but i didnt then)

all working now my VIN coded to the LMA2 Bruce is spot on with his DIY so thank you Bruce only issue i have is in my Check control on the idrive it says "Rear light right failure" i think its because i dont have LCI rear lights on my car yet.

Also big bonus is its stopped the headlight failure i had with my LCI fronts.

can anyone advise if its beacuse i dont have LCI rears or a coding error in my check control.

thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Members

I am sure i have done something wrong the welcome lights only come on when i unlock the car with my key they will not come on when i unlock using my remote the go off with the remote...
i have removed my door card on the drivers side as i am changing it to LCI, which effects the unlock with the remote as i dont have the inside handle connected would it be that is what would be doing it.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Senior Members

Bruce, is the plug on the LM2 the exact same as LM1? As in there is no need to rewire anything right? Straight swap?
Old 02-07-2012, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Yes straight swap.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

Perfect. Is that the case even if lets say the new LM has xenon/adaptive headlights option and the old one had halogens only?
Should do right, since halogens are the most basic headlight option and xenon one would include that also?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:25 AM
New Members

Hello my Frend,

Firstly sory for my English, i M form switzerland

I have bought LM2 for my VFL 06.2006 E61,

I have gone like DIY instruction, but my winkfp will not work, i dont know why,

and my second problem is, i have only headlights to retrofit, backlights are VFL.

i m wery happy if you can help me.

Best Regards

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY : Change LM1 to LM2