E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery went flat overnight.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 08:43 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525xi
Default Battery went flat overnight.

Hi folks, Little problem here.Car is 2006 E60 525xi

Parked my car like normal last night and it was all normal.No errors nothing.Today wife went to start the car and it was completely dead.No alarm,no door unlocking,no lights,nothing.

Got in the car using key and tried to turn on the ignition,nothing,like battery is not present.

Hooked up high amp power supply to diagnose and car came into life.Scanned with ISTA.Found lots of codes.Likely due to low voltage.Cleared all the codes but one code is coming back.
DME 2E8E BSD message,IBS sensor missing. and according to the history of code,it looks like it happened 6 kms ago yesterday

Went into the trunk and found moisture on the top of battery and little water by the bottom of battery.Charged the battery and it started.No issues.Cleared the code and it came back again.So looks like moisture killed my IBS
So for now i disconnected the power cable to the IBS that goes from the +ve terminal to the IBS so that IBS won't discharge my battery again(hopefully and will see tomorrow morning).Will need to get new or used IBS sensor soon.

I found the traces of water coming from the underneath of fuse box which is on the top side of the battery.Do you guys think it could be blocked sunroof drains?It has been raining heavy from the last few days.Is it a common issue of water leakage on the top of battery?Please suggest.Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Battery went flat overnight.-6.png