E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone ever install single M5 on 550?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 07:30 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 bmw 550i sport
Default Anyone ever install single M5 on 550?

Hello team. I posted this a few years ago as I purchased a single side of the m5 exhaust and never got around to putting it on. I stumbled across it again the other day and considered about installing it again. Last I remember my exhaust was a 3inch and the M5 was a 2.5inch which made me reserve about doing it. I am looking for a slightly more aggressive sound is why I wanted the M5 and could never find anything on it and still can't. I have deleted the resonator and midmuffler which sound good but makes me want just a bit more. Anyways wanted to see now a few years later if anyone has tried it or if anyone has feedback or info on this.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

The M5 having a different engine, headers, probably resonator is what gives it a different sound.

Did you ever watch videos of other exhaust systems like RPI? Was that sound not what you were going for?
Old 10-23-2016, 04:50 PM
New Members

My Ride: 08 bmw 550i sport

Yea I have seen the rpi and love the sound. I just got the M5 exhaust for $50 and decided I would give it a shot. I believe a few years ago I remember seeing that the baffle system was different in the M5 exhaust which was supposed to give it a more aggressive sound than the stock 550. Could be wrong. But since I found the exhaust again was contemplating selling it or trying on the car. But if it's not gonna be any difference then may pass. I thought for sure by now someone else would have tried this.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:12 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport

The rear muffler delete actually sounds really good and is not overly loud in any way. No drone. Have you considered that?