E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident and front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:12 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i base model
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Boost7
dakest - I'm not sure about the laws in FL, but in CA you can take it to whatever shop you like.

So if you can? go find a high end bodyshop and talk to them, tell them what you want and they should be able to work out the amount with the insurance. Once the amount is settled, the bodyshop should be able to order you whatever parts you want.

Don't let the insurance company dictate on which shop you can or can not go too. ( if FL laws are the same as CA)

It is like that here, that's exactly what I am doing today, have an appointment for an estimate today.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by dakest
I'm going to try to get a check and then do my own ordering and installing then take it to get painted.
It just doesn't make sense to get a new bumper and then replace it with the MTech and paint again.
I'll keep you all posted on the progress.
Thanks.
This is your best option. Is there a lien holder on the car? If no, ask your insurer to issue payment directly to you. Take the check, cash it, spend how you like.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:21 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by KyleB
This is your best option. Is there a lien holder on the car? If no, ask your insurer to issue payment directly to you. Take the check, cash it, spend how you like.

I had the insurance check the damage and I'm still waiting for the results, unfortunately I'm still paying for the car and they will cut a check for me and the lien holder.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dakest
I had the insurance check the damage and I'm still waiting for the results, unfortunately I'm still paying for the car and they will cut a check for me and the lien holder.
You'll need to choose a repairer then, and work with that shop to source the bumper you want. If you can make it work within the confines of the insurance estimate then you'll be fine. The insurance company owes to indemnify you, meaning that if you had a regular E60 bumper on the car they'll allow enough money to replace it with a part comparable to what you had. They wont care if you want to pay the shop extra to order a different bumper, thats between you and the shop.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

let the shop handle it, what if you discover other damage parts after remove things, and some insurance are azz saying that you signed it off and cashed their check already, so they no longer owe you anything else. Then you have to fight and waste more time, which they will play the waiting game with you just to wear you down. So let the shop deal with them.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

You didn't mention whether your still carying a note on your car. If your not, then it's simple, they cut you the check and away you go. If you're carrying a note, then the check is most often made to you and the body shop. Address it with the body shop to see if they will order the bumper you want and pay the difference. If you involve the insurance company, well we know already what they will say.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Boost7
let the shop handle it, what if you discover other damage parts after remove things, and some insurance are azz saying that you signed it off and cashed their check already, so they no longer owe you anything else. Then you have to fight and waste more time, which they will play the waiting game with you just to wear you down. So let the shop deal with them.
insurance companies owe for all loss related damages, regardless of how many checks are issued and signed. if you are speaking from personal experience, you had a bad one as that is NOT how an insurance claim is supposed to be handled. if they acted in the manner you are stating, that is acting in bad faith and is punishable by law.
Old 02-20-2015, 01:25 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

not myself, but had a friend go through it, ignorance of insurance laws doesn't help, thanks Kyle
Old 02-22-2015, 06:54 AM
New Members

I am still waiting for the estimate but going to find a shop near by.
I really appreciate your input guys.
Thanks.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:58 AM
New Members

Ok gentlemen, I got a check from the insurance made out to me only, now I'm shopping for parts, where can I get the best fitting MTech bumper from?

Quick Reply: Accident and front bumper