E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 530i: 100K miles service

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 07:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i
Default '07 530i: 100K miles service

Hello Folks,

Wife drives on the interstate and her '07 530i has close to 94,000 miles. Can you guys please guide me as to what needs servicing and where to source all the parts?

Fluid types/viscosities be great too?

Thanks
Old 07-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by fast
Hello Folks,

Wife drives on the interstate and her '07 530i has close to 94,000 miles. Can you guys please guide me as to what needs servicing and where to source all the parts?

Fluid types/viscosities be great too?

Thanks
It really depends whats been done so far and how long ago. Here is what I would recommend assuming nothing has been done yet:
1) Transmission fluid
2) Differential oil
3) Flush the coolant system & add new coolant
4) Power steering fluid
5) Brake fluid
6) Spark plugs and Ignition coils
7) New air filter & cabin air filter
8) Fuel filter
9) Engine oil flush and new oil

Then of course there are other small things you can do like changing the wiper blades, washer fluid, etc. The 9 things listed above would be the main things that should be done. Flush any systems you can and add new fluid/oil.

You'll be amazed at how much better the car will feel after doing a major service like such! Also, all the fluid/oil amounts can be found in the Owners Manual - I don't know them off the top of my head.

PM me if you need help locating any of the parts, oils, or fluids. Most of them can probably be found at Autozone, O-reillys etc.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:54 AM
Members

My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats

What fluids do most people use (Redline) and what kind?

Thanks
Old 07-16-2014, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, Jet Black, Tan, Premium, Steptronic

You don't indicate what part of the USA in which you are located, so my recommendations are based on what I have found in Houston, TX.

Try Wal-Mart for the oil. 0W40 Mobil1 European oil meets the BMW specification. Use a Mann part # HU816X for the oil filter. (The BMW-branded oil filter has this part number printed on it.)

You'll want to buy ZF Lifeguard 6 for the transmission. You can also try Mercon SP which is what Ford uses in the 6-speed ZF transmissions that they use, or use a Pentosin or RedLine branded product.

The differential fluid is 75W90. You can use Mobil1 or RedLine or most any other brand.

Use BMW coolant. It doesn't cost significantly more than any other brand.

The power steering fluid type will be labeled on the top of the power steering reservoir. It will either be Pentosin CH11S or plain ATF fluid.

Use a low viscosity brake fluid like Pentosin DOT4LV or ATE SL6.

Spark plugs are either Bosch or NRG. You don't need anything fancy, just use the OEM plug part number that you can get off of the brands' websites. I wouldn't replace the coil packs unless you have a mis-fire.

I use Mann air filter (C30139) and cabin air filter (CUK3139) elements.

The fuel filter is located in the fuel tank and is accessible by removing the rear seat. There is a DIY thread somewhere on this forum.

Amazon.com carries a lot of parts for our cars, believe it or not, and they can be competitive on pricing.

I have also used

autohuasaz.com
BMW Parts and Accessories at GetBMWparts.com
Pelican Parts - Porsche Parts & BMW Parts & Mercedes Parts - Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche & BMW & Mercedes
OEM / Performance / Maintenance / Repair / Replacement Parts and kits for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche and Volkswagen - ECS Tuning
BMW Parts, Porsche Parts, Audi VW Mini Volvo Saab Mercedes Auto Parts - RM European Auto Parts
Genuine & OEM European Car Parts | BMW Volvo Audi VW Mercedes Saab | FCP Euro
Old 07-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Members

Thanks for such a prompt reply.

One more thing and I will leave you all alone. I don't have access to the manual and Google is bit frustrating too, so how much is the diff and the A/T transmission fluid capacity?

Thanks
Old 07-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Thanks for such a prompt reply.

One more thing and I will leave you all alone. I don't have access to the manual and Google is bit frustrating too, so how much is the diff and the A/T transmission fluid capacity?

Thanks
Here is a thread I created for servicing the transmission if you're curious. If you're only changing fluid, you can skip a lot of the steps I outlined. At 100K, I'd replace the filter too (it's integrated into the pan). AT capacity from a simple drain and fill is around 5.5L. If you plan on having someone do the work for you, make sure they are well versed in the proper ways to service these cars. This ain't your daddy's Oldsmobile

https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yo...thread-137584/
Old 05-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Members

What about the water pump/thermostat and the drive belts?

Any do's and don'ts of cooling system service in an '07 530 (electric water pump)?

For brake rotors, any recommendations?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2015, 02:10 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

What about the water pump/thermostat and the drive belts?

Any do's and don'ts of cooling system service in an '07 530 (electric water pump)?

For brake rotors, any recommendations?

Thanks
It's been nearly a year and you're still "contemplating" servicing the car?
Old 05-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by KyleB
It's been nearly a year and you're still "contemplating" servicing the car?
LOL

Yeah got caught in several other projects with a new house build to mention one.

I did have the spark plugs/brake fluid/Michelin tires/alignement done last year.

Car now has 112,000 miles and I just ordered the following:

The Drive belts/tensioner

Thermostat/Water pump combo,

Engine oil housing gasket

Valve cover gasket in case If i needed one.

Brake rotors/pads

Still very reluctant in changing the transmission fluid

Total cost approx $1100 for parts alone.

Wife loves the car though. .

Last edited by fast; 05-11-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Members

Got the car back from the mechanic today. It now has new brakes/tires/brake fluid/power steering fluid/alignment/drive belts/water pump/spark plugs and the thermostat

I had him get me some transmission fluid that I plan on sending to Black Stone labs for fluid analysis before taking that project on.

My previous Indy who had retired 3 years ago is back on the job (out of his home garage and who just serviced the car), will be doing the work

He will be borrowing the fluid flush machine from the current shop owner to flush the entire transmission fluid.

Life is good again

Quick Reply: '07 530i: 100K miles service