E39 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E39 (1997 - 2003) 5 series!

Now what?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2000 Dinan 540i
I just purchased a 1998 black e39 540i. It seems like a wonderful car but now what should i do to separate it from just another stock 540? It seems like angle eyes and a m style body kit are good investments and must haves. It already has a custom eisenmann quad exhaust with M rear bumper (from what i can tell this is mostly for show and does nothing for performance) . I have a decent budget to work with so im not interested in cutting corners (or getting fake M badges hehe). Anyway i also was thinking about the infamous Dinan aftermarket parts maker. Any thoughts you have on anything from what sound system upgrade i should get to what Dinan parts should i buy (bonus if its enough points to get the badge too ) would be much appreciated.

-Noah

P.S. Sorry if this post seems incredibly noobish but not only is this the first bmw i have ever owned but infact the first car i have ever fully owned myself....

P.P.S Overtime engines lose horsepower from the constant moving and wearing. My 540 has 60k miles on it what kind of Hp loss am i looking at from stock?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats on the e39. as for something to separate it from other e39s, Id suggest wheels. wheels would honestly change the overall look of the car the most
Old 09-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Contributors

There's a good story in the November 2009 issue of Bimmer Magazine about a well-tuned E39 540i. He went withDPE wheels, the Dinan stage II suspension, VF Engineering's supercharger and custom airbox, and engine management software from GIAC. This added more than 100 HP and 65 ft-lbs of torque. Nice. Then he added a Quaife differential.

It looks stunning and seems to go like a beast ... but after spending all that coin, why not just buy an E39 M5 beast?

Anyway, there are lot's of mods to consider - have fun!
Old 09-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

when did you guys get the BIMMER magazine for NOV 09, i still haven't received mine
Old 09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by nlaz' post='995584' date='Sep 1 2009, 09:54 PM
I just purchased a 1998 black e39 540i. It seems like a wonderful car but now what should i do to separate it from just another stock 540? It seems like angle eyes and a m style body kit are good investments and must haves. It already has a custom eisenmann quad exhaust with M rear bumper (from what i can tell this is mostly for show and does nothing for performance) . I have a decent budget to work with so im not interested in cutting corners (or getting fake M badges hehe). Anyway i also was thinking about the infamous Dinan aftermarket parts maker. Any thoughts you have on anything from what sound system upgrade i should get to what Dinan parts should i buy (bonus if its enough points to get the badge too ) would be much appreciated.

-Noah

P.S. Sorry if this post seems incredibly noobish but not only is this the first bmw i have ever owned but infact the first car i have ever fully owned myself....

P.P.S Overtime engines lose horsepower from the constant moving and wearing. My 540 has 60k miles on it what kind of Hp loss am i looking at from stock?
congrats bro! 60k is not alot of miles @ all, don't worry about the engine being "tired".. now if it was 160 k...

Search this Thread