DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Old 08-19-2016, 07:46 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. 5 years since I've posted in this thread and it's still going.

Anyone know of a way to delay the auto lights? Not the sensitivity, but the time delay until they come on. I have xenon's and hate that when I pull in the garage, they turn on for a few seconds before I shut the car off. Can't be good for them.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:33 AM
New Members

My Ride: Bmw 520d m sport
Default Heated seats causing grey heahed, HELP!

I am looking for help on wiring and coding of heated seats semi electric. I have swapped over from a 2006 535d m sport to my 2007 520d m sport.

I have all the wiring done to the big yellow plug, all fine. I also swapped out wiring from my old seats as it had wiring going to headrest, i have connected also the original small yellow plug. all electrics working fine and no errors.

I now have a black box under seat with two plugs connected to what i believe is the heating elements on the seat, seat itself and back. I know there was another plug (third) in the car they came from which went to the black box, it was an 8 pol +Red/-Brown heavy wires and brown/yellow/black on passenger side (thin wires) the drivers side didn have the thin brown.

My question is what are the three/two thin wires in the plug in the other car harness? i think they may be some sort of comms?

Can i use anything from the big yellow plug or the other small yellow plug i do have and connect up the third missing plug that should go to the black box for the heating? If so can anyone explain where the black and yellow thin cable connections on the black box would go to on my existing big/small yellow plugs.

I have some pics attached

I need to do this before i become white headed

As for the coding?

can i do any coding before wiring or do i need to wait so it can be picked up as i cant see anything to do with heated seats in any of ecu using ncs expert but if i do a trace file it produces a file showing something to do with seat heating. Still a novice with ncs and just looking around

if anyone can give me a step by step guide on wiring and coding i am happy to pay for this. I need the seats working for the better half as she has a back condition and it would really help with the heating on the seats, of course also i would be in her best good book
Attached Thumbnails NCSExpert Code Mods-module-under-seat-1-.jpg   NCSExpert Code Mods-img_20161207_1305250_rewind.jpg   NCSExpert Code Mods-img_20161207_1301573_rewind.jpg  

Last edited by cul8rm8e; 12-09-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:58 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i
Model Year: 206

Coding wise you have to add $494 to the VO for heating to work. This would help SZM to send the heating operation signal via canbus to the seat module whenever you push the button on the center console.

Wiring wise, the X13989 (the 8-pol connector in the photo) connection must have positive and ground and can bus to connected to the A169 center console for heater to work.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:31 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by richie281vn
Coding wise you have to add $494 to the VO for heating to work. This would help SZM to send the heating operation signal via canbus to the seat module whenever you push the button on the center console.

Wiring wise, the X13989 (the 8-pol connector in the photo) connection must have positive and ground and can bus to connected to the A169 center console for heater to work.
I have wired the can high and low to what i was told elsewhere is the red/yellow = high and red/brown = low on the big main yellow plug connector.

If this is correct then it must be the coding side as i havent added anything to the vo. I will give that a try

Thanks so much for your help
Old 12-15-2016, 03:39 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by cul8rm8e
I have wired the can high and low to what i was told elsewhere is the red/yellow = high and red/brown = low on the big main yellow plug connector.

If this is correct then it must be the coding side as i havent added anything to the vo. I will give that a try

Thanks so much for your help
Still no luck anyone got any ideas?

I may not be connecting to can high low, can anyone tell me if i can connect to any can low/high around the car and where is best connection point

Thanks
Old 12-16-2016, 01:44 AM
New Members

You need this plug with power, ground and can hi lo in yellow and black twisted.

I see you had something similar so its probably coding to make the car thinks you have heated seat. Otherwise you can tap in can hi low behind center console.

Last edited by richie281vn; 12-18-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:24 AM
New Members

You need this olug with power, ground and can hi lo in yellow and black twisted.

I see you had something similarn so its probably coding to make the car thinks you have heated seat. Otherwise you can tap in canbhi low behind center comsole.

Sorry for all the questions but do you know if its yellow and black for can hi/low or could it be any other 2.colours. i dont want to fry anything
Old 12-18-2016, 06:19 PM
New Members

I have only seen them in black and yellow so I cant comment if they have any other colours.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:21 AM
New Members

I have only seen them in black and yellow so I cant comment if they have any other colours.
Thanks i managed to get driver eoking. In the screen i see heat for under seat but in passenger i have a small fan icon all with blue as if some kind of air cooling. So blowing hot and cold 😊
I assume this is a coding issue do will try sort it.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-08-2017, 06:32 AM
New Members

My Ride: e61 530xd

nobody plays with e60/61 anymore?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods