E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

N62 oil pan

Old 05-06-2015, 05:39 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 545i Manual, Sport, L7
Model Year: 2005
Default N62 oil pan

Is here or somewhere else DIY for V8 upper oil pan gasket replacement? i do not have lift but have engine host. have anyone done it on jack stands? lower pan seems easy. thx
Old 05-06-2015, 06:03 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Margal
Is here or somewhere else DIY for V8 upper oil pan gasket replacement? i do not have lift but have engine host. have anyone done it on jack stands? lower pan seems easy. thx
Probably should post in the general discussion Margal no one really comes to this spot regularly. Also if you have Bimmerfest post the same question there too. E60 tab is ALOT more active.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:33 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Quarta2six
Probably should post in the general discussion Margal no one really comes to this spot regularly. Also if you have Bimmerfest post the same question there too. E60 tab is ALOT more active.
Thanks. Will do.
Not related to my question but I see that you have ST coil overs in your signature. Are you happy with it?
Old 05-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20

Thanks. Will do.
Not related to my question but I see that you have ST coil overs in your signature. Are you happy with it?
I honestly couldnt be happier with them. When I first got them I was pissed because they felt a little weird but that was because when I put on the shock mount I was missing a piece and my mounts ended up failing. But got that together and I cant complain at all. I dont track or anything and its my DD rides super smooth and great over bumps and in turns. Im not a pro driver so guys who hit the track may have a different review. Less roll and firm at speed. A tad bit stiffer than stock but thats what I was looking for, no passenger has every complained about the ride. For 1k I dont think you can wrong specially with them being made by KW. Im sure you've done your research but I say go for it. I couldnt justify spending 7-800 extra bucks just to be able to adjust rebound and dampening I'd be lost in that department to much to tickle with most guys say they never even touch those setting. I never considered any of the other options once I found out the manufacturer it was a no brainer.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

I honestly couldnt be happier with them. When I first got them I was pissed because they felt a little weird but that was because when I put on the shock mount I was missing a piece and my mounts ended up failing. But got that together and I cant complain at all. I dont track or anything and its my DD rides super smooth and great over bumps and in turns. Im not a pro driver so guys who hit the track may have a different review. Less roll and firm at speed. A tad bit stiffer than stock but thats what I was looking for, no passenger has every complained about the ride. For 1k I dont think you can wrong specially with them being made by KW. Im sure you've done your research but I say go for it. I couldnt justify spending 7-800 extra bucks just to be able to adjust rebound and dampening I'd be lost in that department to much to tickle with most guys say they never even touch those setting. I never considered any of the other options once I found out the manufacturer it was a no brainer.
thanks a lot. I am waiting for ST and installing then soon. I want to take the old strut/spring assembly and put the new assambled coils on. for easier replacement later just in case. the shop will do it but do you remember what parts OEM parts are needed except strut mounts. is anything i should tell the guys while installing them.
thank you for your help and time
Old 05-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Probably should post in the general discussion Margal no one really comes to this spot regularly. E60 tab is ALOT more active.
Moving this discussion to the E60 general discussion forum...

FYI, post to the DYI forum only if you have a fix or how-to for something, NOT if you want to know how to do something.

Tip: Whenever you visit 5Series.net, always click the New Posts link first. That way traffic on ANY forum is always brought to your attention.

Last edited by JayArras; 05-06-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Members
Senior Members

thanks a lot. I am waiting for ST and installing then soon. I want to take the old strut/spring assembly and put the new assambled coils on. for easier replacement later just in case. the shop will do it but do you remember what parts OEM parts are needed except strut mounts. is anything i should tell the guys while installing them.
thank you for your help and time
I think you'll be more than happy with the purchase. For the rear axle make sure part #5 (33526758283) you/the shop transfer over to the new setup it goes on before the mount. I made the mistake of leaving it off and it caused my mounts to fail prematurely, I cant stress that enough. The coilover comes with everything else you need for the rear. Also replace bolt#2 (33506779488) cheap insurance I remember reading a thread where that bolt broke on someone BMW calls for replacement. I dont always replace bolts but that one in the only thing holding the suspension to the car. On the front I didnt replace anything but the mounts I reused everything there's a dustcap on the front that I could've replaced #5 (front axle 31331110196) but I didnt.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
diag_2vj4.pdf (15.1 KB, 172 views)
File Type: pdf
diag_2nnj.pdf (12.3 KB, 126 views)